benf

Nexxa 16 DVR never finishes HDD format

I have a new Nexxa 16 hybrid DVR (I believe it's an Eclipse brand but not sure) that is otherwise working fine. When I try to boot it up with one of their recommended/supported hard drives (WD30EURS - 3 TB Western Digital) it asks me if I want to delete all data to which I answer "yes" but then it never gets beyond the "Initiating system" message. If I try to remote in to the DVR via the web interface all I see is "format /dev /sda1" scrolling message. I tried a different supported drive, a a 160 gig model, which quickly formats and works correctly. I tried a second 3TB drive and get the same exact issue so am thinking this is a compatibility issue rather than a problem with the 3TB drives themselves.

Anyone run into this before with this brand or any other? I removed the 160g drive and it has two EXT3 partitions and one SWAP partition (linux) so am wondering if I could create a similar drive configuration outside the DVR then install and get past the formatting issue is it's already pre-formatted.

Here's the DVR info:

http://www.cctvoutlet.com/DVRs/Hybrid_DVRs_NVRs/nvr-network-recorder-nexxa16.html