rcampsr

HuperLab 2408QG-PCIe 25 pin input cable pinout layout.

Hello All,

New to this forum so here it goes.

My dog ate the video input cable for my HuperLab 2408QG-PCIe DVR card. I need to rebuild a cable since there seems to be none available from the manufacturer. Does anyone out there have a copy of the 25 pin video input cable plug so I can build a new cable for the HuperLab 2408QG-PCIe card.

Thanks, RAC

Never heard of them, but here's what I'd do:

- Figure out which of the pins are grounds. There should be one ground for each input.

- Figure out which pins are video in. Typically, you'd have 8 pins going to 8 identical resistors on the card, which then go to the video encoder. You can test them by using clip leads to connect a camera's output to the connector side of each resistor and seeing if the video appears.

If you can see the traces where they connect to the input connector, you should be able to spot which pins are connected directly together on the board, which would usually be the grounds.

You'll want to be careful not to short anything, of course!

Hello MaxIcon,

Been there tried that. HuperLab has grown into a high end security DVR standalone and PC card manufacturer. I have tried many other companies, but have found this company has a much better quality product then them. The card is a multilayer card and it has 8 video chips with each chip running 30fps. I found a common ground on one pin of the plug which was obvious. I do not want to experiment with the card because a replacement card would cost $1,000.00USD plus, since this card has been replaced with a new model now. The board mounted female plug is large enough that it covers all the connections to the board, for the card. The back side of the board shows the obvious ground, but none of the other lines show any attachments to any of the pins.

Thanks for the help, RAC