reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Are the Zmodo cameras wireless or wired connected to the NVR? If wireless, try to use a wire and see if there are any drops in the stream. Furthermore, try first to reset the Zmodo cameras to factory settings. Try to use an alternative power adapter, maybe your power adapter is faulty.

It is a POE system.

This only happens when I'm pulling the feeds to the mini NVR via onvif.

I set this identical Zmodo system up for a neighbor and he has had no issues with it.

The only difference with his setup is he doesn't have the mini NVR.

The Zmodo system works fine if I use it standalone, which is why I believe it has to be some issue/setting with the mini NVR.

I have reset the Zmodo system, the individual cameras and the mini NVR with no luck.

There is new firmware (working - no bricking):

Small_mini_8ch_0153_3520d_A_web_nor_2015-01-24

Small_mini_4ch_0152_3515a_A_web_nor_2015-01-24

and other tools (boot recovery and so on) for mini NVR.

DropBox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5epdnx0kgmrt0ei/AACH3yWY7FKbY3qJ_hPNaYfaa?dl=0

Thanks for guy from Ebay, who shared these files with me.

There is new firmware (working - no bricking):

Small_mini_8ch_0153_3520d_A_web_nor_2015-01-24

Small_mini_4ch_0152_3515a_A_web_nor_2015-01-24

and other tools (boot recovery and so on) for mini NVR.

DropBox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5epdnx0kgmrt0ei/AACH3yWY7FKbY3qJ_hPNaYfaa?dl=0

Thanks for guy from Ebay, who shared these files with me.

Thanks for sharing , I am now 1 week on the firmware of October and the HDD is still going strong instead of dropping after a few days.

Good day to all!

I have a question about sound. I have the n6200-8E nvr and 6 x suneyes SP-TM01EWP cams.

I figured out from here and with try and error that there is no way to make motion record work and also the video & sound wont work either.

I dont like it but thats the way it is. I can live with that.

My question is: With what way can i add sound to my nvr except from the cams.

Are there any IP microphones i can add to the channels of the nvr like they were cams?

Thank you.

Good day to all!

I have a question about sound. I have the n6200-8E nvr and 6 x suneyes SP-TM01EWP cams.

I figured out from here and with try and error that there is no way to make motion record work and also the video & sound wont work either.

I dont like it but thats the way it is. I can live with that.

My question is: With what way can i add sound to my nvr except from the cams.

Are there any IP microphones i can add to the channels of the nvr like they were cams?

Thank you.

I have not ever heard about it - only the IP cameras has built-in microphone.

//Or You can user Raspberry PI to record audio which will be streamed over IP using RTSP

Thank you for your answer but i dont know how to do this with the rasbery pi. But, is it possible to connect a usb mic in one of the usb ports of the nvr?

Thank you for your answer but i dont know how to do this with the rasbery pi. But, is it possible to connect a usb mic in one of the usb ports of the nvr?

On the NVR It might be possible (access via telnet), but HW is limited. Better solution could be Raspberry PI or buy camera which support audio.

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABR-H-264-30M-IR-1080P-2MP-HD-IP-network-Camera-Waterproof-P2P-ONVIF-audio-I-O-/371242236627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item566fc2fad3

(and buy external microphone or find another camera which will have it built-in)

How do you want to incorporate rPi in this project? I don't see way to mux audio with stream from camera and record it with mini NVR.

How do you want to incorporate rPi in this project? I don't see way to mux audio with stream from camera and record it with mini NVR.

Sorry, my mistake. I have read his message inattentively. So only way is It buy the camera, which some sellers guarantee functionality with mini NVR (I saw some when I search problem with motion detection).

After updating to 2015-01-24 firmware, do not remove "webserver" from the management platform or else you will remove web management.

After updating to 2015-01-24 firmware, do not remove "webserver" from the management platform or else you will remove web management.

Yes this part is for security concern you can disable the webserver then no one can access NVR via IE.

The new version also support Onvif HTTP video stream input now. We have an update log uploaded. fixed some bugs.

main updates are IPC search function, Dana App Function etc.

The 2015 firmware previously posted has bugs.

Web control is broken in Chrome (odd menus available, had to use IE to get correct).

Dana still does not work.

Is there a newer firmware available?

The 2015 firmware previously posted has bugs.

Web control is broken in Chrome (odd menus available, had to use IE to get correct).

Dana still does not work.

Is there a newer firmware available?

20150124 is the stable version we decide to officially release.

How come Dana still not work? Did you enable the dana QR Code? (Got two QR codes already? )

Yes I got two QR codes after enabling and rebooting.

The QR code in web interface is broken (it has html string that's escaped), but after fixing broken web link I could try to add Dana using iPhone app, except it never accepts the info in Dana app (says it could not connect).

Yes I got two QR codes after enabling and rebooting.

The QR code in web interface is broken (it has html string that's escaped), but after fixing broken web link I could try to add Dana using iPhone app, except it never accepts the info in Dana app (says it could not connect).

have you registered an dana account?

Yes registered and using iPhone app.

I can try to add using QR code,

and I enter the admin password (which cannot be empty, otherwise Dana app will show error)

And then it fails to validate the info (says cannot connect I believe)

Hmm, after trying again and looking at the settings it seems that the Stream type changed to 1280*960 after turning it back to 1280*720 the multiview in the playback menu works again.

Thanks to Mike Mahon, I got this to work with the Hikvision 2CD2132-I camera (3MP, 2.8mm fixed). I'm only using this mini NVR as a streaming device, no recording at all. It's way cheaper than buying another Hikvision NVR just to stream video that I'm not going to record. I got my NVR from Amazon for $50 and used URCCTV's latest firmware file labeled 8CH_Mini_NVR_V4.0_20150124_Firmware.

Awesome! The original FW didn't detect the camera but this one works.

Do you guys know if there is any way to set up this machine, so that it only boots up showing the first 4 channels and not all 8 at the same time? I only got 4 installed with my NVR and it's a hassle to keep switching it to 4 manually.

I couldn't find any option to set this up in the setup menu.

This is impossible. I made a feature request here to Mike but chinesse developers don't care about UX. That is way chinesse hardware never get good reviews in EU.

Do you guys know if there is any way to set up this machine, so that it only boots up showing the first 4 channels and not all 8 at the same time? I only got 4 installed with my NVR and it's a hassle to keep switching it to 4 manually.

I couldn't find any option to set this up in the setup menu.

Never turn it off? Well, it's only three~five seconds work when you use a mouse to switch to 4 channels, well depending that you don't have a password set on your user account.

Yes this part is for security concern you can disable the webserver then no one can access NVR via IE.

The new version also support Onvif HTTP video stream input now. We have an update log uploaded. fixed some bugs.

main updates are IPC search function, Dana App Function etc.

Mike can you tell us what brand cameras work with the i8,i8s, and i9 profiles that are default in the firmware. I want to add more cameras and would like to purchase ones that will work flawlessly with my mini. I added the i12 to my mini to make my Escam's work, but i12 is not satisfactory.

And Dana is still broken in the latest release.

And I cannot enable motion detection using web interface. It hangs up after trying to save settings

hi pals,

got bricked my n6200-8e

tried to upgrade from [20140417] -> 2014103009... now my device stops on boot screen... lan leds are blinking... but no responce to usual IP. any help is needed!

edit: used nmap and found. can only telnet...