reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

I have a Super Mini NVR and 4 Foscam Cameras.

ESCAM - Super Mini NVR

2TB WD My Passport

3 x Foscam FI9805W

1 x Foscam FI9826W

I've had this setup for about 2 years now.

If anybody has a similar setup with problems I will try and help.

I bought the Escam branded mini NVR.

Have to say I had no trouble at all adding my three Y-Cam camera's.

At the moment I let the camera handle motion detection and save the stream to my server.

But in the product specifications it says

272463_1.jpg

But I just can't find the settings for recording to my server. I assumed when the Escam website says you can use a network storage, it would be possible to do so.

Can anybody confirm network recording is not possible ? Pretty useless device (to me) if that was the case

Network recording is not possible, i also bought with plans to network record but had to settle with a attached drive

Ok, thanks for this disappointing answer

Maybe one of the linux experts can answer this but would mounting a network share as a drive be a solution, fooling the NVR software?

I have had a little bit of experience with command line linux via putty but not sure if this is possible.

It would be harmful for bandwidth but with only three camera's it shouldn't be a problem

Anyone run their nvr on a 1amp power supply?

I have always used a 2.1amp on my nvr 1 and nv2 but I just tested the current draw and it's only around 650-800ma?

image.thumb.jpg.719232b07ac7b6550fb38900ef36c19f.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.78c42730079dce411604b2fcb00e4ab3.jpg

Hi

Just FYI. To be able to use a USB Flash Drive (normal usb memory) with the Mini NVR you need to change a "removable bit" in the drives firmware.

When the NVR is booting it checks /sys/block/sdX/removable. If this is set to 1 (usb memory) it won't use the drive. If it is set to 0 (usb hdd) the drive is usable.

For Corsair drives I used http://flashboot.ru/files/file/418/ but it is different depending on the flash controller in your usb drive.

does anybody found any mobile app for android that works with direct connection, wihout P2P?

I'd love to know that too. I'd like to disable Goolink and use direct connection via my VPN.

Thanks for replying Minglarn, I'll pick one of those Hikvisions up to try with it.

Anyone else have any other camera recommendations?

I had no issues with ESCAM QD300 cameras, set up recording and motion detection fine, although still playing with the settings...

Managed to restore my broken NVR (dead on arival) with the telnet method (begining of this thread)

Could someone upload I33 Protocoll for Dahua

Quick question does this NVR write 4 separate video files from 4 source feeds?

Or will it be one video file ouput in a quad?

I think there has been an update for goolink.

Try it again as it seems to be working now against my mini nvr2 box

Hello friends. I have one question. The application Goolink can see video recordings made on the HDD? Or you can use only the live stream? Otherwise it works perfectly. I have a single camera with ONVIF protocol. It works OK, can see live, recording the movement works, but Goolink application does not find recorded video on HDD. It's ok? remote playback actually works, or is there a problem with me? Iven last update of Goolink, remote playback still not work. Select channel, press search, and FAIL message appear. Please, I need an answer for this problem. In rest, its OK for me.

I have been using MEyeProHD on my Android phone. That works ok for viewing feeds but PTZ didnt work for me also i couldnt zoom in on a picture.. That works to port 5053 on the NVR box. I forward that port on my router and can access the feeds via my external ip.

does anybody found any mobile app for android that works with direct connection, wihout P2P?

I'd love to know that too. I'd like to disable Goolink and use direct connection via my VPN.

hi all

i have an issue with my n8-mini8ch

i have 8 cameras onvif (seculink) but i wasn't able to activate registration in case of motion detection

or registration is always on or is always off

system detect correctly motion event but not start record in no one channel

edit: update! the motion event isn't correctly detected, on ch1 is always on alarm even if nothing is moving and in other channel never catch motion!

please help!

Anyone got this to work?

My HDD also shows "abnormal".

Hi Guys,

I've seen a few posts about this now, but no one has seemed to answer it:

What is the best most reliable way to connect hard disk to the NVR? USB or E-SATA?

I ask this because I have a new Seagate 2tb USB 2.0/3.0 external hard disk that I have connected to my 8CH NVR. The NVR recognises the 2TB drive has been connected but says "Status Abnormal" - It does say the free space and capacity (1907729/1897489).

If I do an fdisk on the 2TB 8CH NVR I get the following:

# fdisk -l
Note: sector size is 4096 (not 512)
Warning: invalid flag 0x00,0x00 of partition table 5 will be corrected by w(rite)

Disk /dev/sda: 2000.3 GB, 2000398929920 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30400 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 4096 = 65802240 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1        1306    83923308  83 Linux
/dev/sda2            1307      243201  2659270812   5 Extended

I have another 4CH NVR with a WORKING USB 1TB Seagate drive which gives me the following:

# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 1000.2 GB, 1000204886016 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 121601 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/sda1               1        1306    10490413+ 83 Linux
/dev/sda2            1307      121601   966269587+  5 Extended
/dev/sda5            1308      121601   966261523+  b Win95 FAT32

If you compare the output, you will notice that the 8CH/2TB configuration has /dev/sda5 missing - which I think is the difference between the USB drives working and not. It would be good if I could get the manual commands to format this drive and manually mount the drive into the NVR software. I'm not sure on the exact linux commands to do this.

About mobile app for direct connection, if I use MEyeProHD, sometimes I got a crazy video. As I remember, old version of goolink has option to add IP instead of code.....does anybody have old version of goolink? I think it's 2.0 or before....

About mobile app for direct connection, if I use MEyeProHD, sometimes I got a crazy video. As I remember, old version of goolink has option to add IP instead of code.....does anybody have old version of goolink? I think it's 2.0 or before....

finded googling it but i prefer meyepro!

Hello

I have the Mini NVR N6200-4E version. I tried to attach an USB HDD but it can't see the HDD, and ever since it cant see the usb mouse or the usb keyboard. Is there any solution to revive the USB ports ?

The remote management working fine from chrome.

Thank You.

My xiaomi ants cam has a usable RTSP output but I cannot write the address in properly because the setup page on the NVR always appends :554/main to the end of the address - has anyone found a workaround?

The RTSP stream works fine in VLC and BlueIris.

The address is rtsp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/ch0_0.h264

Thanx for any help

Wayne

I'm stuck with remote access:

Port 80 is routed through my internet box via 5099 external port.

I can connect to the interface, manage configuration, but no picture, neither live or playback.

I have also routed 4 ports for device port set at 5099 and I have routed 5099, 5100, 5101 and 5102. But no luck...

Is there an additional port to route in order to get video working?

I had a similar issue - it took some effort to get the plugins to install and operate in IE correctly. I could then get a picture but it takes ages to appear and is totally unworkable. It is a shame, I wanted to administer this system remotely but it just isn't up to the task.

I tried both Chrome and IE, without any luck...The same laptop works flawlessly when connected to the local network and doesn't work at all when connected from the external. I don't think it is a plugin problem.

THe issue is that the NVR is useless tosurvey my house when in vacation...

i have the cotier n8-mini nvr and my escam qd520 camera's keep experiencing video loss with this nvr. But using Blue Iris they never go offline. Anybody have any idea's?

Edited by Guest