Sign in to follow this  
reginald

Login password fails/lost DVR GD-9008HF

Hi

I have the above DVR and the password as stopped working. I can still access the video feed with the password over the android app but I can't access the system as login fails. I have tried the battery removal and the common codes (111111 - 999999) but can't get access. Anyone have an idea how to do a master reset or a master password for the system. this is link to manufacture but they haven't answered my emails.

http://secuhome.by-trade-shows.com/8CH-DVR-Stand-alone-DVR-Network-DVR-CCTV-DVR.html

It also seems similar to this model http://securuscctv.com/ss-0404asx/

I can telnet in but still get stuck at the password. I haven't changed the password I think it was a electrical glitch due to the storms. There is a jtag port on the board. Direct access to the system using the box and a mouse only asks for a password no user.

Thanks for reading this

1599453949_2014-02-1813_23_04.jpg.026bcd4caed3f201fcbcb78282e58465.jpg

813002961_2014-02-1813_25_16.jpg.c8cc1daf15d764daaa6c0e7e969eb73b.jpg

1471219765_2014-02-1813_20_45.jpg.e71f594451c3bafff4bc6e0a94b0abbe.jpg

Anyone have an idea how to do a master reset or a master password for the system. this is link to manufacture but they haven't answered my emails.

Another example of not buying in the USA or from an authorized dealer. The money goes there but FREE tech support is expected here. You bought cheap, you GOT cheap so you might want to keep trying the manufacturer. This happens over and over. It is about expectations. I here the "Why is it so expensive, Sams Club and Costco has them for much less."

As I tell them ,call Sam's Club and ask them how to setup your DVR, unlock it when it get's bricked, setting up your firewall and connect using your cell phone. See how far you get. I could sell your a DVR system for the same price as Sam's Club but your going to get charged for each time you call in.

Ok, enough of the I told you so. I will have an answer for you by morning.

Sorry I am from the UK. Anything from the states like Iphone have a 100% premium slapped on it here by the retailers. The DVR has worked well for over two years so in one way it doesn't own me anything. The problem is, mechanically it's sound and I hate to scrap things that aren't really at end of life.It a bad phobia I have to try and repair anything that's broken before I will throw it away. A bit green really but unintentional. If I can get a fix all the better else it will clutter my room up for months while I keep coming back to it with new idea's. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi varascope tried that password both web based and direct but didn't work. I sent five more emails to different addresses for the maker but no replies yet. Perhaps a language barrier. Thanks for the effort.