Sign in to follow this  
helen 75

WHICH DVR TO BUY

Hello Everyone,

It’s a while since we’ve been on here.

Were looking at buying a new DVR, and was woundering if you could please advise on which to buy.

We have put 2 links below, we would welcome your opinion, and if you have any suggestions please let use know.

We do need 16 channels, minimum of 4 audio, we use infrared beams, we have been using 2 x 2TB so with the new 960H we think we should move up to 6TB min, and all our cameras are 700 TVL or above, also if you have any feedback on these suppliers could you tell us if you know they are not genuine, we do know one of the DVR’s is bare bone,

http://hdcctv.co.uk/collections/cctv-960h-recorders/products/960h-16-channel-professional-real-time-dvr-xr960d16

http://www.bigbrothersystems.com/p/16-channel-dvr-6tb-960h-recording-up-to-1200tvl-inputs-hdmi-1920-x-1080p-full-hd-vga-and-tv-out-quiet-design-676.php

Thanks Again in advance

Helen

The first product you linked to seems to have everything that you require. The only real noticeable or usable difference between the two seems to be the number of audio inputs. I guess it's just a matter of whether or not you're ever going to need more than four.

I don't know anything about either company so I can't speak to them or their quality of products other than what's on the spec sheet.

Are you shopping around for a 960H DVR because you already have 960H cameras? I feel you have better options these days for your money. I've always felt the prices on 960H products to be a little inflated for what you get out of them.

Thanks Don.

Our current DVR-Mother board wont recognise the second hard drive, we did try different drives but no luck.

Yes we would like more audio as the family next door verbally abuse us, and ring the police and say were using a petrol strimmer etc at 3AM and were in our 70s, and they harass us, and to be honest the picture quality of our DVR is quite poor even on D1.

Many Thanks

Helen