Sign in to follow this  
mowbs

Help! Looking for a good 8ch HD SDI DVR

Hello CCTV Forumers.

Like the title suggests I'm looking for some advice on buying a new DVR (and cameras but I'll start here first)

I have a CCTV42 8ch system at present which replaced a Maplin Swann set up and I have to say I was quite disappointed with both especially the CCTV42 considering how much it cost. It can only play back on something like 6fps on D1 and the software interface is horrible to use.

I find I use the system a lot just to look around my garden in real time and really like the idea of HD but I would also like a nice feel to the software. I would love to try before I buy but I live around Aberdeen and I can't find any retailers, I would even travel anywhere in Scotland rather than waste another grand or 2 on something I'm not happy with.

My main priority is at least 25 fps playback on EVERY Chanel and easy playback of what just happened (if a crisp bag just blew past I don't want to watch it back for 5 mins before I find where it happened)

Can anyone recommend a DVR they have experience of or better still somewhere in Scotland I could see a couple of different systems in action, even a friendly knowledgable retailer in England who could offer good advice.

My budget is between £500 (I know, I'll get nothing for that) to £1000 for the DVR, if convinced it was worth paying more to get a better quality, I would.

Many thanks

Hi

Looking at your advert, it looks like your just going for a normal DVR, which is not true HD.

If your looking for a true HD camera, I would suggest going for http://www.tradexguru.com/wholesale-cctv-security/wholesale-hd-high-definition-sdi-cctv/3-6mm-etronic-1080p-sdi-hd-panasonic-2-mp-serial-digital-interface-security-surveillance-cctv-camera-outdoor-waterproof-ir-led-array-technology.html See the video, as that is better than reading a thousand words.

I hope this helps.