Sign in to follow this  
DougalBH

Message - All channels are off record

Hi - Brand new member - I have tried to identify my problem on the forum, but no success - so here goes. We bought a house 2 years ago - it has a Network (JPEG)2000 + H.264) Stand Alone 8 Channel DVR.

It is on permanent record mode. We rarely go near it - that is until yesterday, when from no -where, an alarm started beeping.

Foolishly, we turned the unit off and back on again. The alarm stopped, but now we get no live pictures on screen. When I try to enter the machine I get the message that "All channels are off record"

My guess is that I have a problem with one of the cameras? Before I call in an expensive engineer, I just wondered if anyone could help me from experience, or give me some pointers in case there is a simple reset facility.

Many thanks

Brian

Foolishly, we turned the unit off and back on again. The alarm stopped, but now we get no live pictures on screen. When I try to enter the machine I get the message that "All channels are off record"

My guess is that I have a problem with one of the cameras? Before I call in an expensive engineer, I just wondered if anyone could help me from experience, or give me some pointers in case there is a simple reset facility.

Brian

You need to look through the menus there is a record, record mode or something similar where the user can switch on or off all cameras. Are you seeing the matrix layout i.e 4 empty boxes?

Also check to see if the power supply to the cameras is unplugged, th alarm beeps yo heard may be a lost video alarm. Can't say I understand the message you quoted but I'm sure someone may recognise it, thats the advantage of pooling knowledge, learning from others experience.

and don't be too scathing about engineers and CCTV professionals, I am sure you get paid more than enough for whatever it is that you do.

Congratulations on the great start, and welcome to the CCTV forum Brian

Many thanks. Yes - the Matrix is showing the (empty) camera positions on the screen. I've been through all the menus and can't see anything obvious, but I will go through again. I might try unplugging and re-plugging in each camera to see if I can isolate something.

Thanks again

If I were attending site first step would be to test for power to the cameras using a multimeter.

The fact that you lost ALL cameras points to a power issue, the one element they all have in common.

This is typically 12vDC or can often be 24V AC. There is very often a fuse if it's a boxed power supply

with distribution board so check before and after the fuse/fuses