neilrcooper

FLOUREON H.264 Network DVR not accessible over network

My just purchased DVR works fine as a self contained DVR but will not connect to the CMS3 console supplied or the vMEye iPhone APP. I have set the IP as static in the router and set up port forwarding. I have set the port to 83 in the router and the FLOUREON. I can ping the the device IP and get and immediate response but nothing else. Anyone got a suggestion as the supplied manual is completely useless?

My just purchased DVR works fine as a self contained DVR but will not connect to the CMS3 console supplied or the vMEye iPhone APP. I have set the IP as static in the router and set up port forwarding. I have set the port to 83 in the router and the FLOUREON. I can ping the the device IP and get and immediate response but nothing else. Anyone got a suggestion as the supplied manual is completely useless?

Ask the person that sold it to you, surely they will wnt to help you.

Purchased from Amazon but I have now solved the problem. The DVR allows you to set whatever port number and admin password you like and log in using them BUT the APPs that access the device allow you to fill in the port and password but just do not work unless you use the defaults. Really strange and not great for security. Not had this problem with the IP Cams that I set up and remote view from iPhone but this device seems as though the setup menus only partially actually alter the setup. Thanks for responding. Hope this post saves someone else some time.

Glad you solved it. Sounds like a buggy app. Too bad they didn't test all the functionality.

Whats that are mote client software called and what is the name of the iphone app you used? There may be another more universal client software that would work for you.

The 2 iPhone APPS were vMEye (remote viewing) and MEye (local viewing). Also local viewing from laptop was CMS3 (supplied with DVR). I don't think that it is the APPs because there are 3 (one from different supplier) more likely the DVR itself. When you set the TCP and HTTP Ports on the DVR it and interrogate it remotely they do change to whatever you choose but Port 34599 seems hard coded into the box and is always present on the list and is the only one that works. Password is really strange, set it to hello123 and sure enough this will be the only password that lets you logon to the DVR itself directly but try and use it over IP and the box only accepts the default password (not in the supplied manual but found it on the web). On the bright side for the money it is good value and now works well.

The 2 iPhone APPS were vMEye (remote viewing) and MEye (local viewing). Also local viewing from laptop was CMS3 (supplied with DVR). I don't think that it is the APPs because there are 3 (one from different supplier) more likely the DVR itself. When you set the TCP and HTTP Ports on the DVR it and interrogate it remotely they do change to whatever you choose but Port 34599 seems hard coded into the box and is always present on the list and is the only one that works. Password is really strange, set it to hello123 and sure enough this will be the only password that lets you logon to the DVR itself directly but try and use it over IP and the box only accepts the default password (not in the supplied manual but found it on the web). On the bright side for the money it is good value and now works well.

So your default ports are 80, 34567. 34599 and RTSP is 554 am I right?

Okay I think I can do better than that for you on the software front. VMEye and MEye are two of the apps I use for clients that don't want to pay for apps and they are reasonably okay very functional and free...

We'll speak later.

Hit another strange problem. Now FLOUREON working fine over network and internet I put it in it's final position and connected it to my 50" Pioneer plasma. No picture. works fine to Samsung TV (New) but not to they 8 year old Pioneer. Sky, Blue Ray and Apple TV work OK to Pioneer but not this DVR. I suspect it must be linked to the old HDMI standard. Any thoughts?

Hit another strange problem. Now FLOUREON working fine over network and internet I put it in it's final position and connected it to my 50" Pioneer plasma. No picture. works fine to Samsung TV (New) but not to they 8 year old Pioneer. Sky, Blue Ray and Apple TV work OK to Pioneer but not this DVR. I suspect it must be linked to the old HDMI standard. Any thoughts?

With large format TVs this is very often an issue with HDMI but also VGA sometimes. I have never really discovered why but it's usually more often than not with older TVs 36" and above ????? The auxiliary input board has a partial failure, according to my local TV repair shop who I go to for advice with such things. your only option is the video output with BNC cable to the yellow conposite output but dont expect too much it's usually not very sharp.

You could try inserting a VGA splitter amplifier but I don't know if that would work in this a case, If it does work at all, it's very often just a matter of time before it stops working. I usually insert a VGA splitter where there is distance involved.

Another thing you can try is simply connecting the VGA if the DVR has that. I've never liked HDMI because of the possibility of digital devices not being able to talk to each other. VGA is analog so it works as long as the resolution is within the monitor's resolution range.

Another thing you can try is simply connecting the VGA if the DVR has that. I've never liked HDMI because of the possibility of digital devices not being able to talk to each other. VGA is analog so it works as long as the resolution is within the monitor's resolution range.

The other thing is the physical way the plug goes in VGA has retaining screws,

HDMI does not and can be pulled out easily when clients mess with cabling

The other thing is the physical way the plug goes in VGA has retaining screws,

HDMI does not and can be pulled out easily when clients mess with cabling

I actually hate those screws. I would rather a cable be unplugged than the port be ripped off the back of the device.

I actually hate those screws. I would rather a cable be unplugged than the port be ripped off the back of the device.

I have been in two way radio and other industries all that use VGA screens but never experienced that.

Thats never happened to me since there are not usually a herd of wild buffalo wandering past the TV sets

that I have plugged into.

If you simply don't like getting sore fingers from screwing them in, that I can understand but frankly its a small price to pay.

Watch out for those buffalo

250513_1.1

I have been in two way radio and other industries all that use VGA screens but never experienced that.

Thats never happened to me since there are not usually a herd of wild buffalo wandering past the TV sets

that I have plugged into.

If you simply don't like getting sore fingers from screwing them in, that I can understand but frankly its a small price to pay.

Watch out for those buffalo

250513_1.1

I've dealt with them in point of sale and traditional desktop computer scenarios. People would move a monitor because they don't know where the cpu is and put so much strain on the cable that it would fray or the port that it would bend the bracket. Somehow, I've gotten lucky that nothing has completely ripped off, but it has been close.

Perhaps the Stampeding Buffalo reference was closer than I imagined it would be

250527_1.jpg

Well if thats your experience I can quite understand your reluctance

Perhaps the Stampeding Buffalo reference was closer than I imagined it would be

250527_1.jpg

Well if thats your experience I can quite understand your reluctance

That person on top of the counter trying to 'keep everything under control'. Yeah, that's the one that yanks on the monitor and doesn't think twice about cable management.

All many thanks for your replies and help. I have ordered a male to male VGA lead and a BNC to Phono adapter. I will update this post when they arrive (tomorrow) with what gives the best result.

VGA cable connected and message displayed - This signal is not supported. So no luck with that.

Composite cable connected which does work but as expected for a 50" screen and composite signal the picture quality is poor but usable.

So that's it then. Works but not as well as hoped.

VGA cable connected and message displayed - This signal is not supported. So no luck with that.

Composite cable connected which does work but as expected for a 50" screen and composite signal the picture quality is poor but usable.

So that's it then. Works but not as well as hoped.

Something isn't right. I think the resolution on the dvr is set too high on the hdmi and vga ports.

Find out what the resolution is set to and what the tv will accept. VGA of 640x480 should never be an issue for anything that has a vga connector made in the last 3 decades.

I did wonder about the output resolution but there is no menu (that I can find) that allows you to change it. Do you know of a hidden menu?

I have no idea about that DVR at all. Just hook up a computer monitor and then use the computer monitor's information screen to see what the res is set to.

Thanks for your help. Changed the settings and the PC output and the HDMI now work. It was set to a strange resolution which must have caused all the problems.