Sign in to follow this  
cplay1803

my nvr has gaps in recording

hi all, i have the following nvr hooked up to a hikvision ip camera.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-DHL-8-Channel-Network-Video-Recorder-IP-NVR-Support-ONVIF-system-H-264-HDMI/1397522532.html

It keeps rebooting and i don't know why. I can rule out the hard drive because it keeps happening even without the hard drive. It just keeps booting randomly. I have one ip camera on it. I've reset the nvr dozens of times. The ip camera works, I check on the internet address 192.168.0......, and there it's always fine which is good. I've tried finding the firmware for my model but have had little luck.

What to do now???? Buy a new one???? Any thoughts??????

Thanks

also, it has happened before in the past with a different camera, same problem, so not the camera fault.

How many cameras do you have on it? sounds like a power issue with the NVR, if so, better off buying a hikvision NVR since you already have the hikvsion cameras and the nor is actually reliable and not expensive

How many cameras do you have on it? sounds like a power issue with the NVR, if so, better off buying a hikvision NVR since you already have the hikvsion cameras and the nor is actually reliable and not expensive

WOW WHY IS EVERYTHING BUY A NEW RECORDER.

Could be something as simple as motion settings

WOW WHY IS EVERYTHING BUY A NEW RECORDER.

Could be something as simple as motion settings

Well first of all you said this "It keeps rebooting" therefore, there is no motion settings that can reboot your system like that, motion settings are used to alert or start a parameter like recording and etc. You could be having and issue with the power. Try Plugging the NVR in a different outlet that has nothing connected to it and see if the issue persists, if so than the NVR is having power issue, the transformer in it is going bad and/or a shortage in power somewhere. That is a really cheap brand that i can't even find the manufacture of it to find a firmware.

Is your NVR running a D-cord directly from the mains or is it running a brick style power supply? If it is on a brick, it is possible that thing is getting hot and dropping voltage, which would cause a reboot. If on a D-cord are you running an UPS or a quality surge protector? Have you seen any lights dimming around the time of the reboots? Is there an air conditioner or some other machine turning on that might cause a momentary voltage drop?