Sign in to follow this  
Starfirehover

Samsung DVR password reset.

ok,Samsung 8ch DVR kit with 4 HD cameras...

box says "SDH-P4041", but the manual says SDR-4200....

set up the system, powered it up, and it asked me to set a password. I did, but it wont acknowledge that password now.. not sure if I miss typed something or what, but I have tried every possible combination of likely miss spellings, and nothing works. Yes, i have tried the 4321, and that doesnt work. Is there a way to hard reset this system, or do I just need to return it to the store and get another one?

ok,Samsung 8ch DVR kit with 4 HD cameras...

box says "SDH-P4041", but the manual says SDR-4200....

set up the system, powered it up, and it asked me to set a password. I did, but it wont acknowledge that password now.. not sure if I miss typed something or what, but I have tried every possible combination of likely miss spellings, and nothing works. Yes, i have tried the 4321, and that doesnt work. Is there a way to hard reset this system, or do I just need to return it to the store and get another one?

If it won't accept '4321' have you tried name or ID: admin, and password: admin. That was the original default on another Samsung. Or the other thing to try is ID: admin, and password: password or pwd. If none of these work and you never changed the admin password yourself to something else, and it is still in warranty, I should take it back.

redwood

Good day,

I have problem in my DVR's password. when I enter the password, there are 3 additional character that automatically appeared when I press enter. In this case I cannot access my DVR.

Please help if someone who knew this kind of issue.

Good day,

I have problem in my DVR's password. when I enter the password, there are 3 additional character that automatically appeared when I press enter. In this case I cannot access my DVR.

Please help if someone who knew this kind of issue.

Sorry that is not something I have come across before. Have you tried a factory reset? If that doesn't work and the machine was recently bought, I would take it back. Sorry I can't help with this problem.

Redwood