Sign in to follow this  
Frazer

Super Mini NVR - Questions that need answerin please.

I have a super mini NVR with 3 x Foscam FI9805W. It all working perfectly until last night. For some reason now 1 of the screens will not display on the 4 screen view unless I change it to VGA and another 1 of screens is frozen in 960p.

This is the weird thing, if I browse to the NVR in Internet Explorer everything is working fine.... It just doesn't show fine on the screen attached to the NVR. Whats going on???

What streams are used in 4 screen mode and what is used in full screen display?

Fixed all my problems.

1. Make sure camera are sending a H.264 substream. I converted my substreams to mjpeg and this does not work with the Super mini NVR.

2. Lower the quality of the substream, this is what the multi display uses.

3. The Super Mini NVR always uses the last format you set your main and substream to. So logon to the substream and logoff on a VGA stream. Logon to main and logoff a HD stream.

4. Don't try to update the firmware it will probably just end up bricked.

5. Anytime your cameras are acting weird log onto the streams and reset them as mentioned in no.3 above.

Another thing to add. If you access your cameras from a mobile device and use a different channel. This will be you last used channel and will swap the NVR to record this channel.