giubas02

Problem DVR on internet

I can not see over the DVR over the internet. The addresses and the configuration of the router are ok. In the local network dvr is fine. I thought to do a reset of the router to rule out something and then do a reset of the DVR. Can you give me some advice?

thanks

I can not see over the DVR over the internet. The addresses and the configuration of the router are ok. In the local network dvr is fine. I thought to do a reset of the router to rule out something and then do a reset of the DVR. Can you give me some advice?

thanks

Hello giubas02,

You don't give many details here so I can only give you some general information.

When you view your camera views on your local network, you are accessing the DVR directly and not using or needing the port forwarding or port settings of the router. So these may may appear fine at this point but may not actually be correct.

To access the camera views from the internet, how are you checking this? If you are trying to do this also from the same location as the cctv system, then it will not work unless your router allows NAT loopback. In other words you cannot set a web browser or mobile phone to try to access as if it is on the internet and come back in to the router from 'outside' because you would be trying to send out and come back in on the same router and for that you need NAT loopback. Most home routers do not have or allow it.

If you cannot get any camera views over the internet when you are logged in somewhere away from home (I'm assuming this is residential) then this will depend much more on the accuracy of the system set up, and for that I would need to know much more - which machine you have (make and model) and its settings, plus what router you have and settings you have made.

Please come back to me if you need further help.

redwood