sniven

Reset password on Samsung SRD-470D

I have a Samsung SRD-470D system in my office. I very carefully changed the password on the machine and promptly forgot what my password was. The installers of the system say that they cannot reset the password to the factory default and that i need to remember the password. I have tried every combination of password i can think of without success.

It is not the default password 4321 or root or 11111111 or password.

I have tried suggested means to reset the DVR including MODE and Channel 2 buttons pressed simultaneously for 5 minutes without success.

There must be some way to reset the password to the factory default. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Samsung SRD-470D system in my office. I very carefully changed the password on the machine and promptly forgot what my password was. The installers of the system say that they cannot reset the password to the factory default and that i need to remember the password. I have tried every combination of password i can think of without success.

It is not the default password 4321 or root or 11111111 or password.

I have tried suggested means to reset the DVR including MODE and Channel 2 buttons pressed simultaneously for 5 minutes without success.

There must be some way to reset the password to the factory default. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello sniven,

Have you actually contacted Samsung support?

I assume you changed the password AND then logged out? If you are actually logged in, then there is a setting to return the machine to the factory defaults where the password would be '4321', but if you have logged out, then you won't be able to access that function. Although I have been working with a different Samsung model, I suspect your DVR needed an 8 character password, minimum, containing both letters and numbers, similar to the one I have been working with. So 11111111 or password etc. would not be accepted anyway. So you must have had to think of a password with at least one number as well as letters. If you really cannot remember it, then the only way will be to contact Samsung and see what they have to say.

You say there must be some way to reset the DVR. Why? If it was this easy, then why bother with a password since anyone could simply reset it and get in!

Anyone should always write down the password they are going to use, first, before changing or logging out, and then keeping that somewhere secure. Machines are always set to make you write it down twice, to overcome a mistyped password (unless you mistype it twice the same!) Even if you have a good memory, it is possible after a long period without use to forget a password you set, so always keep a backup safe somewhere.

I have checked the manual for the 407D for any instructions on resetting the DVR to the factory default, but as stated this is only when you are logged in.

Redwood