guerino1

Hikvision 7716 POE NVR and HIK ds2cd2432f-iw 3mp cube siren

Just purchased a 7716 Hikvision NVR (16 port POE) and two of the cube cameras (along with several 3mp hik bullets) Not an expert but got them configured for remote view on IVMS 4200 and IVMS 4500 android. I reassigned the default IP address to that compatible with my gateway(192.168.1.101) using SADP and can view the camera via web interface and configure it. I turned off the PIR sensor which turns off the SIREN. When I connnect to my NVR, the NVR reassigns a different IP (192.168.254.7) to the camera and it loses the configuration. In the NVR configuration, all of the cameras have an IP of 192.168.254.xx. Thus, the PIR and wailing siren is turned back on. I thought I would be able to configure the cameras using the web interface and then hook up to the nvr. (since the camera configuration cannot be accessed thouugh the NVR interface). How do you configure the camera and maintain the settings. I know I can access the cameras by connecting my computer to an open POE port on the NVR but haven't mastered that yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Just purchased a 7716 Hikvision NVR (16 port POE) and two of the cube cameras (along with several 3mp hik bullets) Not an expert but got them configured for remote view on IVMS 4200 and IVMS 4500 android. I reassigned the default IP address to that compatible with my gateway(192.168.1.101) using SADP and can view the camera via web interface and configure it. I turned off the PIR sensor which turns off the SIREN. When I connnect to my NVR, the NVR reassigns a different IP (192.168.254.7) to the camera and it loses the configuration. In the NVR configuration, all of the cameras have an IP of 192.168.254.xx. Thus, the PIR and wailing siren is turned back on. I thought I would be able to configure the cameras using the web interface and then hook up to the nvr. (since the camera configuration cannot be accessed thouugh the NVR interface). How do you configure the camera and maintain the settings. I know I can access the cameras by connecting my computer to an open POE port on the NVR but haven't mastered that yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

I don't see why connecting the cube camera on the PORT port or the NVR, or the IP changing, would make it lose the configuration. Make sure it is on DHCP; on your network it should get an IP assigned by your router, on the NVR it should get an IP assigned by the POE switch. But once configured, I think the configuration should stay.