Sign in to follow this  
globalenigma

Mini NVR SSH?? -- solved

Hello everyone,

I am quite new here. I have an ESCAM mini NVR which is on 20141030 firmware. I have noticed that it has telnet on it but I am really interested in SSH. Has anyone found a way to enable ssh or to add ssh to these NVR's?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE: This sounds really dumb, but I am not able to telnet in with admin or the user I created. Is there something special I have to do in order to enable telnet to work?

UPDATE AGAIN: Just came across something that has worked for me. Telnet using user: root pass:antslq

SSH SOLVED, if interested.

Method I used was to cross compile dropbear for the armv7 processor. This is not always the easiest method so I have found another work around for others not interested in cross compiling.

First you will need an external HDD attached.

- telnet to your device and login root/antslq

- navigate to your external hdd (ex cd /tmp/sata/sd0/ (can not remember the exact path right now)

- use wget to retrieve a pre-compiled binary wget http://landley.net/aboriginal/downloads/binaries/extras/dropbearmulti-armv6l

- now you have to create a link to the binary to call it ln dropbear dropbearmulti-armv6l

- you can start dropbear with ./dropbear or options ./dropbear -h

This allows you to have an ssh daemon on your mini nvr

If you are interested in a full BusyBox you can do a simmilar fix. Links and files must be put on the external hdd as the root is squashfs and would have to be extracted then add dropbear or link and re squash so the example I provided is the easiest way to add it. Service must be started ever time you reboot the nvr. This cn be done through telnet.