Sign in to follow this  
ionchirca

DVR automatically shuts down

My DVR is automatically shuting down or it`s stop running, what can be the problem?

I`ve noticed that usually this happen with NVRs connected via UPS and not directly

My DVR model is Dahua 2104H 1U series

Hi. Replace hard drive

Also look around your dvr for problems ...... Main problem people don't see is cooling . Don't block air by dvr being against a wall and never cover the top

I checked it`s not the HDD problem and cooling, when the DVR is going down only manual reboot help it to restart and it can work fine for some time.

From log file I have:

16:12 (4 feb) Shutdown - 8:47 (5 feb) Boot up Reboot Symbol: 0x01

14:13 Shutdown - 17:52 Boot up Reboot Symbol: 0x01

or this types of errors:

6:11 Net Disconnection Ethernet port 1 Begin – 6:11 Net Disconnection Ethernet port 1 End

10:19 Net Abort Ethernet port 1 begin - 10:20 Net Abort Ethernet port 1 end

2 cams are connected to one DVR, with parameters:

from IP cam to DVR: compression: H.264; resolution: CIF; framerate: 12fps; bit rate type: VBR; quality: high; bitrate: 160kbps

from DVR through Network: compression: H.264; resolution: QCIF; framerate: 4fps; bit rate type: VBR;quality: low; bitrate: 40kbps

I checked it`s not the HDD problem and cooling, when the DVR is going down only manual reboot help it to restart and it can work fine for some time.

From log file I have:

16:12 (4 feb) Shutdown - 8:47 (5 feb) Boot up Reboot Symbol: 0x01

14:13 Shutdown - 17:52 Boot up Reboot Symbol: 0x01

or this types of errors:

6:11 Net Disconnection Ethernet port 1 Begin – 6:11 Net Disconnection Ethernet port 1 End

10:19 Net Abort Ethernet port 1 begin - 10:20 Net Abort Ethernet port 1 end

2 cams are connected to one DVR, with parameters:

from IP cam to DVR: compression: H.264; resolution: CIF; framerate: 12fps; bit rate type: VBR; quality: high; bitrate: 160kbps

from DVR through Network: compression: H.264; resolution: QCIF; framerate: 4fps; bit rate type: VBR;quality: low; bitrate: 40kbps

Maybe your UPS is broken (not giving a constant power output??)? Try to replace the UPS or use the NVR without the UPS for two weeks to test if the current UPS is causing the downtime.

I checked it`s not the HDD problem and cooling, when the DVR is going down only manual reboot help it to restart and it can work fine for some time

Hi. How did you check HDrive ??

Your unit is 4 years old