Sign in to follow this  
Jbrew011

Suggestions and Advice on Dedicated DVR Card

I'm creating a temporary home security camera setup at my Fiances current house. She has a neighbor that we suspect threw the core of an fermented *moonshine* fruit into her yard and the puppy got ahold of it. He made it through the night however it took alot out of him. I currently have two SDC-5440BCD Cameras that I'm going to install and wire this weekend. This will be a temporary setup because we will be moving to another house in about 3 months. I'm a computer/network tech by trade so I have some understanding just not everything. What I'm thinking of setting up is a Custom Built PC Tower with a 4 channel DVR card. I already have the Custom Tower from an older gaming setup. I just need a card and software. Any suggestions on a cheap decent card? I know the cameras can record at 600TVL so I'm not sure how much that plays into the type of card. I'm not looking at spending more than $50 on the card because this will be temporary. From my research I could get a Nightowl Dvr for $99 but I'm looking towards the decidcated pc route at the moment since its cheaper.

I'm creating a temporary home security camera setup at my Fiances current house. She has a neighbor that we suspect threw the core of an fermented *moonshine* fruit into her yard and the puppy got ahold of it. He made it through the night however it took alot out of him. I currently have two SDC-5440BCD Cameras that I'm going to install and wire this weekend. This will be a temporary setup because we will be moving to another house in about 3 months. I'm a computer/network tech by trade so I have some understanding just not everything. What I'm thinking of setting up is a Custom Built PC Tower with a 4 channel DVR card. I already have the Custom Tower from an older gaming setup. I just need a card and software. Any suggestions on a cheap decent card? I know the cameras can record at 600TVL so I'm not sure how much that plays into the type of card. I'm not looking at spending more than $50 on the card because this will be temporary. From my research I could get a Nightowl Dvr for $99 but I'm looking towards the decidcated pc route at the moment since its cheaper.

Instead of spending money on a low quality card and cameras and running it on a power hungry gaming rig...why doing you install 1 or two HD ip cameras that can record to sd card...you can later reuse these cams in your new location...