quovadis

Firmware issue

Hi I have a DVR that required a firmware upgrade ( as suggested by the manufacturers )

and they forwarded be with instructions to follow ... I did this and although the DVR recognised the upgrade and rebooted itself it took me tothe log in screen and no more . I reported back to the manufacturers the results and they sent me new file. Again I followed exactly what they suggested and again the DVR upgraded rebooted but only bck to the welcome screen ?

since then I have contacted them for further support and they no longer respond . I have tried both files again on several occassions , but nothing else happens . Is there anything else I can do to enable me to get this unit going The DVR is KONGTOP model 7604ED

Does anyone have the skills ( or no someone) to look at these firmware files to see what the issue is ?

regards all

Never upgrade firmware on anything unless you HAVE to.

If you can't log in, I'm afraid you may have ruined your DVR.

The only way to resolve firmware issues are to reload the correct firmware or a correct upgrade firmnware from the actual manufacturer

It is Unlikely you are going to track that down and if you do load the wrong firmware kiss your DVR goodbye. The only thing you'll be able to salvage is the HDD and the experience to buy from a well supported manufacturer not some here today gone tomorrow supplier from a city you can't even pronounce.