Esinem

Avtech KPD679B: Email alerts & ftp info

I've been doing battle trying to configure alerts on my KPD679. It took me some while as a complete dunce with ip's, routers, port forwarding etc. but I finally got access via EagleEyes app and via the browser. A number of things still making my brain hurt:

1) I'm getting ftp files OK but it asks for a p/w. I can't figure out which one it wants as my ftp and DVR logins don't work. Any ideas?

2) As for email alerts, the best I think I have been able to achieve is a blank email with not even a sender name or subject in them (They could be spam and unrelated, it's hard to tell). This is curious since the config screen has a valid sender address (cctv@mydomain.com). What should the email contain? An SMS would be a whole load better but not sure if this is an option. I guess a workaround, if not, is to use something like Zapier (https://zapier.com/)?

There also seems to be a few minutes delay between a motion trigger and an event in the log, then a much longer delay in getting an email (in Squirrelmail which excludes any delay added due to Outlook or Spamihilator). Is this normal? I'd expect alerts to be almost instant to be any use. It's no good knowing there's a problem 20-30 mins after the event.

I have no idea what's going on now as I seem to get neither alert mails nor a error in the log and stupidly didn't make a note of what was at least sending blank mails. My current settings are:

Email alert: On

SMTP: 77.235.63.203 (also tried mail.esinem.com) (hosted at Eurovps)

Port: 00025

Mail from: ccctv@esinem.com

SSL: Off (Have mailed my hosting co to check this)

Verify p/w: Off (Have mailed my hosting co to check this)

Username: ccctv@esinem.com

P/w: ********

Receiver: ccctv@esinem.com

Firmware: 1011-1001-1004-1002 (Should this be upgraded or left well alone?)

Can anyone please help me retain what little of my sanity I have left?

Well, my hosting company say that email config looks fine to them. So why no emails?

Update:

From what I read elsewhere, the user name & p/w requested are for the DVR, not the email. Is that correct? Even so, that seems to make no difference.

UPDATE:

This, thanks to Leo at Avtech, works to an extent. It seems gmail is not MIME/MHTML compliant and gmail says it is sendin the emails to the recipient but they don't arrive.

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 465

Mail from: MAILADDRESS@gmail.com

SSL: ON

Verify: ON

User: email address

Password: Gmail password