ryn0909

onboard rj45 port

i have an isis anf1648 standalone dvr runnin montevista linux and have lost the ability to connect to internet via the rj45 ethernet port.

ok so now i have a bigger problem, for some reason, the network settings are screwed up and when i change them to what they should be, i save it but the setting go right back to where they were..... heres what im talking about>

Login as ADMIN---> setup---->system setup--->network---> IP SETUP.

CURRENT SETTINGS

DHCP: (checkbox) checked

Web Service: (checkbox) checked

Ip Address: 255.255.255.255

Gateway: 0.0.0.0

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255

1st DNS Server: 192.168.1.1

2nd DNS Server: 0.0.0.0

CORRECT SETTINGS

Web Service: (checkbox) checked

Ip Address: 192.168.1.149

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

1st DNS Server: 0.0.0.0

2nd DNS Server: 0.0.0.0

In order to change the ip addresses, i have to "UNCHECK" the DHCP checkbox. When i do that, it allows me to change the addresses how i want to but when i click on save at bottom of page, it will save it but as soon as i exit the menu and re-enter the menu, the settings have changed back to what they were previously. I have done the factory reset using the "hotkey" and its still doing the same thing. so as it sits now, i have no NETWORK access to the unit whatsoever. the serial debug console still works tho

once you change and save the settings try rebooting the unit - it may need a reboot to take on board the changes.

well once i click on save it will reboot the network server and then if exit the menu and then go bavk into it, without rebooting the unit, the settings have changed back

CORRECT SETTINGS

Correct settings should be with DHCP disabled (that is, unchecked).

And use 192.168.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as DNS servers.

no, my settings arent the issue, its gotta be either firmware or hardware issue. i just wish i knew where to obtain firmware for it.

Very strange. Are you able to check the router logs to see if the unit is actually attempting to get an IP address?

its not even trying to do that. with or without the ethernet cable plugged in, it does the same thing. when i chk the debug console output, connected via serial (rs232) port, it says "can not read subnet mask"

its not even trying to do that. with or without the ethernet cable plugged in, it does the same thing. when i chk the debug console output, connected via serial (rs232) port, it says "can not read subnet mask"
Something sounds borked. Is there a way to factory reset the unit and reconfigure?

yea i tried that too. itm pretty sure its firmware. the nand flash memory says it has a bad block. id flash the firmware to it but i dont have a copy of the firmware and tried looking EVERYWHERE online. lol

yea i tried that too. itm pretty sure its firmware. the nand flash memory says it has a bad block. id flash the firmware to it but i dont have a copy of the firmware and tried looking EVERYWHERE online. lol
If you need this exact same dvr, you'll probably just have to buy another one unless you can reach the manufacturer for repair.

the funny thing is, i DID end up buying the exact same one. so i thought it was exact. apparently it was the model before this one. same manufacturer but with older software and firmware. but it DOES work tho, thank god. the main difference is when i connect to it via serial port, im not getting any output like i do with my newer (broken) unit. and the hotkeys arent the same. im not even sure if it has them implemented into it.

the funny thing is, i DID end up buying the exact same one. so i thought it was exact. apparently it was the model before this one. same manufacturer but with older software and firmware. but it DOES work tho, thank god. the main difference is when i connect to it via serial port, im not getting any output like i do with my newer (broken) unit. and the hotkeys arent the same. im not even sure if it has them implemented into it.
I hate it when this happens. I had to replace a unit and the built-in http viewer worked differently than the old one, not working properly with the desktops we had. I actually had to find one of the older units--luckily, the distributor had one and gave me a killer deal on it.

the thing that sucks the most is that its made in korea, and trying to get tech support from koreans is almost impossible for an american and i dont have any korean friends.

the thing that sucks the most is that its made in korea, and trying to get tech support from koreans is almost impossible for an american and i dont have any korean friends.
Email would be your best bet. Most Koreans in cities speak english, so email support might be a solution.

CORRECT SETTINGS

Correct settings should be with DHCP disabled (that is, unchecked).

And use 192.168.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 as DNS servers.

That is unless you can reserve the DVRs IP in the DHCP (reservation table) which will reduce the chances of IP conflicts, then it won't matter if it's selected or not but frankly it IS better to leave DHCP unchecked (or on some DVRs select static) as advised (Not all routers will allow you to reserve an IP address to a specific device)

well i managed to fix the problem with the rj45 port. the problem was in the firmware. after a gazillion factory resets and system reboots, it finally corrected itself. I was also able to get their tech support guy to send me the link to download the firmware file. but now the dvr doesnt see the firmware file on my usb flash drive. it sees the flashdrive itself and shows it as removable storage in the system menu, but the firmware file doesnt show up in the list. im using a san disk cruzer micro 4gb formatted fat32. i just dont get it..... any ideas??

Hi. Make a new file on USB and call it dvr ... Then move your firmware to that file

do u mean a new "folder" or an actual "file" ???