the_italian

Help needed with WIFI/dongle set up for Floureon H.264

Hi, and thanks in advance for any advice and assistance.

I have just bought and installed the above system in my home. Pretty much straight forward and did it myself. I have 4 cameras, 900tvl, and a 1TB hard drive. The system is working fine and records perfectly, and I currently view it on a TV through a HDMI cable.

I am now trying to set it up so I can also view it on my phone wirelessly when I am away from home. I have a few questions and was hoping someone will know the answers...

1) Am I able to use a wireless dongle to receive an internet connection to the H.264 box or does it have to be through the LAN cable and by physically connected to the box?

2) If yes, which dongle should be used and does it have to be a certain 'mbps'?

3) What App do I need to download to view the cameras on my iPhone 5?

4) How do I set it up?

Basically my system and all cameras are wired and set up to meet in the garage. However my WIFI router is set up at the opposite end of the house and I'm going to need a 40m LAN cable and a WHOLE lot of work to hide the cable to run it all the way to the garage. So I'm trying my best to avoid this with the use of a WIFI dongle.

I'm pretty handy when it comes to fitting the system and hiding cables etc but I might have to be spoon fed instructions regarding 'Ports' and IP addresses lol

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks.