Sign in to follow this  
tkje

New camera set with DVR cant get the cameras to show . help!

so i just recieved a new set of cameras from http://www.gwsecu.com/ i think from what i have read that it is Dahua products, annyhow its 2 x 3mp cameras and one dvr h.264 it says on the front.

Camera models : KDT-HW10RC83-DEP and KDT-HD18RC83-DEP IP: 192.168.1.108

I have tryed connecting the DVR unit directly to the router, via switch and everything but i cant get the cameras to show. i have now tryed every possible thing i know and been working on it for 16hours (lol)

I have gathered that there are some problems with built in PoE in the NVR - wich is the way i intended to set the system up. Unfortunately i have not recieved anny extra power supply with the cameras so i cant plug dem directly in the router to set them up (as i cant power them up)

I have a cd that followed the cams and in tools i have the following:

DeviceConfig

IpConfig

UpdateTool 1.3.2

My router is : Netgear WNDR4000

When i plug the DVR directly in the router i can find the cameras(if i connect my pc to the NVR PoE built in ports along with the cameras) it shows as 192.168.1.108 x 2 but i cant connect to them, or change ip in IpConfig. im really frustated as i feel that i have tryed everything, google , youtube etc but i seems that everyone else manages to get theire cameras to work fine.

If annyone feels like giving me a guide, link , step by step or feels like answering me what to do, i would be so happy i cant even start to describe how nice it would be.