danielsa

Bricked Mini NVR Serial Access

Managed to brick my ESCAM Super Mini NVR (K108), when power was lost during a firmware upgrade.

The usb flash drive recovery isn't working and I can't get telnet access working either.

I have a USB-TTL adapter and can access the box using the serial header.

I have included a grab of the booting session, and notice that it is saying that there is no filesystem that could mount root, so maybe the filesystem is corrupt or missing.

http://pastebin.com/aLFNtB6h

I am a newbie on the u-boot commands so am not really sure what i am doing, but i can upload files to the box using loady and extraputty... managed to load up the kernel in the telnet recovery files and bootm on it, but it fails starting in the same place...

I also noticed that none of my flash drives are recognised as storage devices...

Not sure what is going on here and would appreciate any help anyone can offer, and possible next steps to try.

Thanks for any help.

Managed to brick my ESCAM Super Mini NVR (K108), when power was lost during a firmware upgrade.

The usb flash drive recovery isn't working and I can't get telnet access working either.

I have a USB-TTL adapter and can access the box using the serial header.

I have included a grab of the booting session, and notice that it is saying that there is no filesystem that could mount root, so maybe the filesystem is corrupt or missing.

http://pastebin.com/aLFNtB6h

I am a newbie on the u-boot commands so am not really sure what i am doing, but i can upload files to the box using loady and extraputty... managed to load up the kernel in the telnet recovery files and bootm on it, but it fails starting in the same place...

I also noticed that none of my flash drives are recognised as storage devices...

Not sure what is going on here and would appreciate any help anyone can offer, and possible next steps to try.

Thanks for any help.

did you fix it via serial??