Privatteer

Hisense HI3520D Firmware?

Took a gamble and tried a NVR that has gone into a reboot cycle during camera setup. Seller has ignored requests for firmware/reset to factory default procedure.

Chipset seems to be a HI3520 DRQCV200 CR4131503. Board claims to be a HI3520D_v2.2.5.

Tried a recovery file I found via a thread from http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html# just to see if it would detect it but did not work.

Anyone recognize the unit?

LOGO.thumb.jpg.793a39656f3a012321be6dc2ece94c65.jpg

Hi. Could of just been a hard drive problem at first but you have tried to load a firmware that is not compatable with your NVR and in most cases that will make your unit useless.

It's either return it or buy a new one ( not from last supplier)

I tried a new/different harddrive first no change.

At this point I have not loaded any firmware. I have only tried the usb boot loader, with no firmware file added to usb, to get to the stage of loading firmware and it was not detected.

Well, short story Ebay seller "Amistic" is one to avoid.

Refused to supply firmware files.

Has employed every delaying tactic possible for refund process. Currently not accepting returned item.

I have smilar NVR purchased 8CH 960p from Aliexpress I mean external looks are same except 2 USB ports. I have 2 usb ports provision on board but developer has soldered only one !

I have successfully upgraded Firmware that has new feature of Wireless Extender / Repeater

for using a wireless camera for second camera as an extender

Earlier it was 2.4.x now I have upgraded it to 2.5.x

Also there is 2.6.x but not accepted by NVR so I could not try.

*** Just Take note that 2.5.x has all the ports locked except 80 and not even Telnet is working with physical CAT5 Cable *** Else i could have cracked root password copied from firmware's /etc/password for logging in.

Now coming to recovery

As per documents there is a recovery Firmware called as help.rom and one has to copy it in USB pen Drive.

help.rom will boot the NVR and then may be you can update the actual firmware after that from second USB pen drive.

yesssss Second usb pen drive ..... so you need 3 port USB Hub or 2 usb ports which will have both the firmwares as my NVR has only one USB port I use hub

If you want to upgrade firmware on live / running NVR system then connect to NVR on Port 80 via web browser of your ( i.e. your nvr IP ) and upgrade file from your PC, I found this safe as if firmware is not sutiable first it uploads in NVR and stops actual upgrade. In this case you can refresh the webapage and install the old firmware.

I guess your board is same like mine.

send me email on tgbssk at hotmail dot com

First Have a look and then take decision.

https://support.zositech.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005059608-Upgrade-file-for-NVR-K9608-W