Sign in to follow this  
parth99

Does it support or does it not?

Hi,

I have Dahua HCVR 5108C-V2. In dahua's website it is categorised under 720p pro HDCVI DVR. They say it supports 720p realtime and also 1080p non realtime.

I hooked two 2 mp HDCVI cameras on the DVR along with six 1 mp ones and what I see is that the images from those two 2 mp cameras are just aweful. No where it is closer to what 2 mp resolution should give, image is a little hazy even the color is also dull. Worst of all many times they shows black and white. When you turn camera power supply off and back on then they show color. Images from 1 mp cameras are far better. Camera encode is set to 1080p and bitrate is maxed to 4096, fps is set to 12.

Does my DVR actually support 1080p non realtime?

It does, 720p at 25fps or 1080p at 12fps.

But what is up with image quality. It is poor. By support it means should be able to display and record 1080p video at 12 fps in good quality not just show some hazy picture which seems to be shot from a 15 yr old camera phone.

Bad 1080p Bad Crap cabling? Bad power supplies?

I doubt it is the powersupply or the cabling. That same supply and cabling powers 6 other cameras (four 1mp bullets and two 1mp domes - all dahua) and they work perfectly fine. I relocated a 1mp bullet (that was working absolutely fine) and replaced it with a 2 mp, with the same power and cabling as original. Cabling is a coaxial with power and audio.

The 1080p cameras are CP PLUS CP-VC-T20L2 2mp with 20m IR and are brand new. This issue was right from the start and I can't figure why.

CP-VC-T10L2.jpg.3f7526e68fbe522577d1673af7eb2554.jpg

A 720p camera can work fine with a low quality cable that will make 1080p look like crap. Can you take a picture of the cable you are using? Is it surely coaxial cable, or just a cable with BNC connectors?

Try to find a short good quality RG59 cable and try the 1080p camera with a short run.

A 720p camera can work fine with a low quality cable that will make 1080p look like crap. Can you take a picture of the cable you are using? Is it surely coaxial cable, or just a cable with BNC connectors?

Try to find a short good quality RG59 cable and try the 1080p camera with a short run.

I cannot post an exact pic now but it surely looks exactly like this.

I tried soldering the BNC connectors on it but the outer wire loop does not hold solder. Cable was about 16$ for 90m.

Screenshot_2015-10-19-21-20-44.thumb.png.ac8bba8638c369142bccda0edfb9a339.png

I tried soldering the BNC connectors on it but the outer wire loop does not hold solder. Cable was about 16$ for 90m.

That cable is your problem ...... And soldering a BNC on to it will still not work

You will need new cable

That cable is your problem ...... And soldering a BNC on to it will still not work

You will need new cable

Ok which cable to buy then? Optivision supplies cables. Can that be bought?