gnikoli

iVMS-4200 - Live view greened out

Testing new NVR (Hik DS-7608NI-E2/8P, firmware 3.4.0) and camera (Hik DS-2CD2342WD-I, firmware 5.3.6) with most recent firmware I could find before install. New to all this, so working out the bugs and figuring out system first. So far, everything seems to work okay, or at least, I haven't run across any issues that haven't already been discussed in this forum, except one. I had installed iVMS-4200 that came with the NVR (v2.0) and live view worked fine. However, after downloading newer version of iVMS-4200 (2.3.1.3) from Hik website and installing, live view no longer works. Instead, the display for the one connected camera is solid green, although a correct image does blip up for a split second at regular intervals before returning to green. Playback works fine and so does everything else. Live view works just fine using browser-based client and direct connect to NVR. Also works great in mobile app iVMS-4500.

Is the latest version of iVMS-4200 not compatible with my hardware? Is there a setting I have wrong?

1356495208_GreenScreeniVMS4200.thumb.jpg.c303854331032480b988124887fab756.jpg

Guess Hik figured it out. Problem seems to have been resolved in iVMS-4200 v2.4.0.6. They sure don't make things easy for users to keep track of latest versions. Like I said, I am new to all this, but I haven't seen such a confused collection of web-based content and web sites from a supposed reputable company for at least twenty years. Probably part of the reason their hardware is such a good value; they're not spending a lot of money on the front end.