Sign in to follow this  
mikes_PhillyFlyers

ITX Security - HASY-0818 Hybrid - FACTORY RESET???

Hi All,

So Yep, looks like I too may become part of the 'dvr brick' club... I completely forget what the heck I set my admin passwords to on this dam*& thing! and I also made a 2nd account with admin privs, and I cannot remember both the 'admin' and my own account's passwords!! uggghh!!

This DVR is the 8-channel hybrid (4 SDI + 4 Analog), made by 'ITX Security Co, LTD', out of South Korea... they are still listed on their site, not sure if the company is still alive, but web-site is still up?

This is the DVR:

http://itxsecurity.com/eng/02_products/view.php?lcode=02&mcode=0203&pcode=1307100004

I have it all apart, I've tried the old 'remove the battery and hard drive' thing, but I'm sure the passwords are most likely stored in the embedded linux... so it is running the 'arago-project.org' linux build...

I can telnet into it, and get the 'arago-project.org NFDVR' login prompt....

but no idea what the user/pass may be to get in? I tried usual attempts at 'root/root', etc, etc... but nothing...

Anyone have any experience or clue about ITX DVRs, maybe they have a standard 'factory reset' key combo on the front panel? or the remote??

(I know this 'HASY-0818' is sold under different brands as well for this 4+4 hybrid, also the HASY-1618 (8+8 hybrid) is essentially the same, with more channels)...

Hi All,

Well, thankfully I figured out my own question!!

Hopefully this will help anyone else that may have this DVR!

So, you can do a 'TEMPORARY' admin reset to the stock '1234' password, if you do this:

1) with the unit POWERED OFF..

2) Hold down "Menu + Display + 2"... then power it on... (on the front panel buttons)

3) wait to hear the beep codes, took about 5-10 secs or so..

4) then wait for bootup to complete, in the GUI, you can login with:

user: admin

pwd: 1234

*** this is only temporary, so go in and edit all your users, etc and make note of your passwords, as once you boot back up normally, the password goes back to what it was before ***

Also, just an FYI, this unit "HASY-0818" is also sold as a "Versiton EZSD-Y4418"

(ie the "HASY-1618" would be a 'Versiton EZSD-Y8818"

Thanks everyone!

Enjoy for anyone this may help down the road!!