Sign in to follow this  
aus_fas

Can't view video in portforwarding mode

I have done correct port forwarding as I can view the NVR software via external ip in the browser. However, when I try to preview the channels I cannot view any video. The same software on LAN provides the video in the browser. I have tried both FF and Internet Explorer. Pictures attached for NVR software in browser and port forwarding settings in d-link router. Any help ?

1.jpg.e27e614afbd31127a26aef2f233e3650.jpg

I have added following entries

554 against both TCP and UDP for 192.168.1.8 (NVR IP address) but still the same issue.

Try putting your DVR in DMZ.

i.e. Configure your Router DMZ to your DVR's IP.

Basically it means forward ALL PORTS to your DVR.

Test if you are able to see.

If you are able to see, check the ports required for your DVR again. Try to use the DVR default ports instead of changing them.

Sometimes for certain badly written firmware might not allow ports to be changed. They hardcoded the ports in the firmware, and what you see on the interface might not be the actual port used by the DVR.

If you are able to see using default port, then try changing the port to whichever port you want and try again. If it doesn't work, try other ports. It might be the reason above, which you may just want to stick to the default port.

Sometimes, it might also be your ISP blocking certain ports, or filtering certain kind of traffic.

Sometimes, some ISP might assigned you a private IP instead of a public one and route all traffic through their gateway. This means the connection is only good for surfing. You can't use it for server. In this case, you might want to use the P2P function of the DVR if it comes with it.

If DMZ can't work, that means either your ISP block certain port, filter certain traffic. You got to check with them.

I assumed you tried it on your LAN and it works. Otherwise if it can't even work on LAN, you got to check the NVR.

It could also be your router port forwarding/dmz function got issues. Experienced that before with a couple of router. Interface shows forwarded, but the ports never get forwarded.