senator

DVR Slow Remote Playback

I have three Dowson DVRs at three different locations. Each has six analog cameras that are set to record on motion or sensor. For remote monitoring and playback I use the manufactures CMS running under a Windows PC. All three DVRs are set up the same way and use the same cameras. All locations stream live video just fine and two stream remote playback just fine. However, one location performs remote playback at about 1/3 speed. It’s almost unusable.

The ISP is Charter and the rated internet speeds are 60MB down and 4MB up. I have given the DVR the highest priority in my router. I feel the 4MB upload speed should be plenty of bandwidth, but perhaps there is another spec beside raw upload speed that I just don’t know about.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have three Dowson DVRs at three different locations. Each has six analog cameras that are set to record on motion or sensor. For remote monitoring and playback I use the manufactures CMS running under a Windows PC. All three DVRs are set up the same way and use the same cameras. All locations stream live video just fine and two stream remote playback just fine. However, one location performs remote playback at about 1/3 speed. It’s almost unusable.

The ISP is Charter and the rated internet speeds are 60MB down and 4MB up. I have given the DVR the highest priority in my router. I feel the 4MB upload speed should be plenty of bandwidth, but perhaps there is another spec beside raw upload speed that I just don’t know about.

Hi, beside the router bandwidth you may also want to consider the specs of the machine you are viewing with (PC, Laptop). You may reduce the frame rate of the camera. if not view lesser channel at one time. It may solve your issue. =)

Hi Need some help, have a customer with Dawson DVR, app on the phone is working but i am trying to setup also on PC

do you know if i can use a web browser or have to use CMS application

if so where can i get it?