Sign in to follow this  
Hoof Hearted

DVR Upgrade

Hi, I've got a 8 channel CCTV system based around a Killer XDH08 DVR. It's been working ok for several years now, but I want to upgrade. The reasons for upgrading are 1) I need a few more channels, and (2) I would like clearer quality on the recordings.

Some of my cameras are the slim bullet type. So I think these will need replacing also in order to get better quality. For instance, it's not possible to read car number plates from my current system.

I think i've accepted that I'm going to have to buy a 16 channel recorder, even though I can't imagine i'm ever going to use more than 11 channels.

Since I bought my current system, a whole lot of DVR's have come on the market which are far cheaper than was available when I bought my current system. I don't mind paying extra though if I get a better system, so I would like to know how those cheaper systems stack up against a Samsung for instance? I found this unit which seems to be competitively priced. Is it any good?

http://www.cctvshopper.co.uk/viewproduct.asp?pid=7113

I've been out of the loop for a long time. Which are the competent brands that people go for these days?

Thanks in advance.