Sign in to follow this  
burremr

Replacement Hard Drive for Qvis CCTV

Hi all, have a QVIS Izues 4 Channel DVR where the hard disk is no longer recognised (No Disk). Looking at replacement drive (Model st2000dm001) but note there are a couple of options on Amazon and Im not sure if the item Im ordering (only pictures of the front on Amazon ) will have the necessary PCB on the rear.' Original drive also has 'Firmware: CC48' on it, Im not sure of the significance of this and whether I can transplant the PCB from old to new. Any guidance appreciated!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST2000DM001-SATA-Performance-Drive/dp/B00D0240M4

SG1.JPG.2cb69f7a7ee918e1bb0323de8cd308a0.JPG

SG2.JPG.09b3eec90beff0937f39f370816754d2.JPG

Hello. When the DVR is indicating there is no hard drive, you might want to start out by considering a power issue. If the DVR is out of warranty, replacing the DVR's adapter or power supply might be an inexpensive start. Then you can move on to replacing the hard drive, if needed. The manufacturer might have some information on the specifications for an acceptable replacement for the hard drive, if you cannot find an exact replacement for what came with the DVR.

Hard drives these days have the controller on the board, so if making sure that power is not the issue doesn't do it, just consider replacing the whole hard drive. If that doesn't do it then it is time to look for a new DVR that can use the new hard drive, adapter, and the old cameras...

Hi, replacement power adaptor didn't do the trick so looking at replacement hard drive. Qvis website lacks information on specifications or a suitable drive replacement. My remaining concern is the significance of the firmware reference on the original drive, do I need to worry about this with a replacement drive?

Hi, replacement power adaptor didn't do the trick so looking at replacement hard drive. Qvis website lacks information on specifications or a suitable drive replacement. My remaining concern is the significance of the firmware reference on the original drive, do I need to worry about this with a replacement drive?

Hi western digital purple 1tb ..... Is good for your qvis

PC world. Is best option

Cheers tomcctv, opted for the WD purple 1TB £49 from Amazon (£60 PC World). Back up and running with no issues. Could have opted for the 2TB option but for £49 cant go far wrong and Im sure for domestic use I wont see any difference. Thanks also to GadgetAssistant