Sign in to follow this  
WILDCATSWON1

Settings for new HDD for pc?

Going to install new WD purple hdd in my pc for a 12 camera ip build. Are there any specific settings I should set it to? I will be running Blue Iris software in case that makes any difference. All help is once again greatly appreciated.

Dell 8700 i7-4770

Netgear 24 port poe switch

2 Hik ptz 3mp cams

4 Reolink 4mp varifocal domes

6 Reolink 4mp bullets

Blue Iris software

And by settings I mean exfat ntfs or fat32.

if you have that question, you need to pack everything up and send it back..also reolink cameras have issues with blue iris since there is no setting to adjust iframe intervals in the reolink software.

Aside from your smartaleck comments, do you have anything constructive to add? The reason I ask that question is one, I have never needed to replace or add an hdd to a computer but I understand that there are differences in the formats for different needs. I don't want to just assume that I format it to ntfs because it works with all versions of windows. I know that exfat is used in most usb devices. I was asking a legitimate question before I install a $300 hdd in my computer and not have to do it twice. Now before I "pack up everything and send it all back" once again, does your haughty, mightier than though butt have anything constructive to add? Or do you just need to not respond?