Sign in to follow this  
ripplehd

power light on dvr stuck

i have a dvr which is stuck with a blue power light what does this mean as it was working before i setup remote view for android and also it isn't giving any signal to the monitor when i hook it up.

Hello RippleHD

What DVR are you using and what video output are you using? I know its a simple one but have you tried switching the power off and back on again?

Hello RippleHD

What DVR are you using and what video output are you using? I know its a simple one but have you tried switching the power off and back on again?

i'm using a h264 drake 16i dvr and yes i have done that and normally it used to make a beep when you power it up but it doesn't anymore as well as that i removed the hard drive and turned it on again but it still is silent with no beeps/alarms, what could be the problem ?

Hello RippleHD

i'm using a h264 drake 16i dvr and yes i have done that and normally it used to make a beep when you power it up but it doesn't anymore as well as that i removed the hard drive and turned it on again but it still is silent with no beeps/alarms, what could be the problem ?

Could be a problem with the power supply have you got another power supply that you could try. If the power supply has gone faulty it might not be giving the DVR enough power to fully boot the system but just enough to light the blue led.

Hello RippleHD

Could be a problem with the power supply have you got another power supply that you could try. If the power supply has gone faulty it might not be giving the DVR enough power to fully boot the system but just enough to light the blue led.

I forgot to mention it happened 4 hours after i setup a remote connection/view to my android phone because when i went to check the remote view it wouldn't connect and i then checked up on the dvr and saw that all the lights had gone off except the power light

I forgot to mention it happened 4 hours after i setup a remote connection/view to my android phone because when i went to check the remote view it wouldn't connect and i then checked up on the dvr and saw that all the lights had gone off except the power light

Cant see how setting up remote connection could cause a problem with the DVR power.Its more than likely just a coincidence that it has gone off after setting up the remote viewing. Change the power supply and see if that fixes your problem i had a customer a few weeks back with a similar problem to yourself and it was a faulty power supply. If After changing the power supply the problem still continues it may be a faulty DVR.