yup

HIKVISION 4K 32CH NVR short on processing power ??? Choppy

IS My HIKVISION Typical or just a one off lemon?  

1. 1. IS My HIKVISION Typical or just a one off lemon?

• Typical, I own one
    • Typical, I am aware of this issue
    • One off Lemon
    • I'm knowledgeable of this problem and post the solution

HIKVISION 4K 32CH NVR Model DS-7932N-K4 Low processing power or ??? Slow GUI and play back function is unresponsive and jerky skipping quite a few frames (pausing) between displayed frames. The problem occurs even if playing back only one channel. Reboot will fix it BUT sometimes only for several hours and reboot takes a full 5 minutes freezing a number of times in the process. For now I have cut back to 17 cameras (most are only 720p) but still no joy. Please note this is local playback of recorded video and disconnecting all cameras via the network makes no deference. Also when playing back events it needs to catch it's breath before it will play the next event and this is not corrected even temporarily with the reboot.

The hard drive is a 3TB WD purple which worked fine in a Dahua 16CH (I had none of these issues with it recording 16CH 24/7 + events It always had instant response and never needed a reboot.) Unfortunately the Dauha play back top speed is limited to 4x making it impractical to scan a lot of vid.

The Hic was like this out of the box but return shipping was just too cost prohibitive.