adnanmalik

Q-See DVR Doesn't Power Up

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I purchased Q-See QT 548 system with 8 cameras from Costco.

It was working fine till recently I noticed that the power adapter wire was crooked. I purchased new power adapter from Amazon. Upon plugging in the new adapter, my DVR stopped booting up. It was working before even with the crooked adapter but the new adapter messed up the DVR. The only thing is that the power fan turns on and the blue light in front of the DVR turns on. Other than that, nothing turns on and the display is blank too.

I tried following remedies but none worked:

1. Plugged in the original crooked power adapter. No Result.

2. Disconnected all cameras from DVR. No Result.

3. Disconnected HDD from the motherboard. No Result.

4. Installed another HDD to the DVR. No Result.

5. Removed and re-inserted CMOS battery from the motherboard. No Result.

Any clue what could've gone wrong?

What other options I have now?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you much.

I'm having a similar issue with a QC9416 also form Costco. I don't have an issue with the power adapter. It was working fine and now I have a blank display and nothing on the app. I see the blue power light on.

Were you able to get yours to work? If not any replacement ideas?

My DVR issue hasn't resolved. It didn't boot up and Costco and Q-see unable to provide any support.

I think I'm done with Q-See products as those aren't as reliable and while working just goes blank.

Thank you. I tired unplugging the cameras and I disconnected the hard drive but still not booting up. It beeps and there is a red light that comes on inside the unit. I may also be done with them, but the cameras are QCA7209B and i'm not sure what other system will work with them. For Q-see they are only compatible with the QC series and the cheapest QC 16 ch. dvr is in the $450 range. I don't want to rerun cameras. I can send it to to Q-see to repair but its they cant give me an estimate until they get it and they charge $75 just to look at it since its over the 2 year mark.

Mine is having the exact same problem and doesn't boot up. My camera model is QM6006B with DVR QT548. Since QT548 is not manufactured anymore, QTH85 and QC918 are the only compatible models for these cameras. But the prices of these DVRs are so high that I rather buy the new system with the cameras. That way I don't have to run the wires again and just replace the cameras with new ones.

Do let me know how your experience goes with sending in the DVR to Q-see, if you go down that route.

I have a qc918 that is dead. I'm wondering, did you guys decide to go with a different DVR and keep the cameras? I'm not aware of any compatibility between brands. But I'm interested. It's a shame my 8 cameras will go to waste.

I've seen other posts where COSTCO will accept the cameras under their satisfaction guarantee. You may try that.

I needed to get them up and running quickly so I bought a compatible q-see dvr from ebay. I did not have the time to send it back to q-see and wait for repairs nor switch out all the cameras. I figured it will be under warranty for 2 years so i'll use it until it dies and then switch out the whole system.

I did call Costco and they said there was nothing that they could do. The extra warranty they provide is for other electronics and excludes camera systems.

I'm thinking the 2TB hard drive may still be good, not sure if i can add it to the new dvr.