jaxy

instalation help

Hi im Mario and i have a problem with cctv,please can you help me with advice on what im doing wrong.

i have microdigital 8 cameras cctv dvr and thompson tg782i router.i can see cameras on pc which is directy connected to router but cant see on android or iphone...

ive changed ip o static following this steps on here http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

and ive changed ip to 192.168.1.10 but when i go to site can you see me there is another ip 78.3.27.9

thank you !!

192.168.1.10 is your local ip..you need to use the other external ip address...you need to read up on port forwarding....What ports did you forward? you need to forward the correct ports...

big thx boogieman ....my external is 78.3.27.9.

i did forward ports 80 and 34567

dvr is preset to

ip adrres 192.168.1.10

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.1.1

primary dns 192.168.1.1

secondary dns 8.8.8.8.

media port 34567

http port 80

and before i could see my cams on internet over pc which is directly connected to the same thompson router and now i can not

have you tried an OPEN PORT check via the web to check if your router is allowing traffic through to the dvr- just google port checker or similar enter the port no and it should give you result of pass / fail or open/closed or similar.

then you will be 1 step closer to a solution.

big thx jazzar...thx for the tip ill check this on Monday ,this dvr system is for my friends workplace , and i busting myseft for days, cant make it work

ive tried an OPEN PORT check via the web and it said Port 80 is closed ,but my isp provider told me that port 80 is open

did you check the 34567 port which is probably the one you need for your remote pc/ mobile device to access the dvr, I also know that some of the alien dvr 's need port 554 opened as well to work on iphone.

somehow ive menage to do some changes made static ip for router and i believe i used noip.com to download some program that change my dvr ip from 0.0.0.0 to normal static ip( ive tried everything in last 20-30 hours)... and i can see cams from local lan, and can see port 8080 on ,can you see me, success .

when i type my external ip+ :8080 it open page with cams user name and password , but can see cams it said missing some plugin for quick time player ,which i dont know where to get it and what plugin is needed...big thx jazzar !!!

Tried to attach a snip showing the set up I have used in the past on my alien dvr. yours should be similar - please see attachment if it is loaded properly.

Usually the plugins get pulled from the device you are connecting to or are supplied on disc with the unit.

Hope this helps.

Viewing via the web browser and viewing via the application software are two different things. ie the application may allow for multiple dvr entries to select as required, whereas the web browser is a one off address in the browser bar each time you want to connect- so application is more powerfull for end user.

dvrRemoteSetup.thumb.JPG.a7ebe6cd358f343a412a89924740d46b.JPG

thank you very much jazzar....

yes i use port 8080 and had help from local pc forum and it looks like port 80 was already in use with router.

my external ip which not start with 192...it starts with 78. ... and :8080at the end ..... ive used post checker and can you see me and it is seen ,as open port and success....

i just dont see stream on mobile bcose it said ,that im missing something in quick time player... ive download ip cam viewer pro on my friend phone(im doing all this for him) and will try tomorrow to finish it when i go there.... big ups jazz !!!

after few day ive menage to see cams on mobile phone there war 3th port 34599 which was mobile port and when i did pf on this port i could see stream ,finally...

now my external ip i changing every day atleast 1 time ,and then need to manually put new adres each time on mobile app,and now i made noip account ddns.net

and enter manually user name passw... in thopson router and now i have next

Use DynDNS: Yes

Internet Service: Internet

Username: mario

Password: ********

IP address: 78.2.155.170

Dynamic DNS service: No-IP

Hostname: mario.ddns.net (Update successful)

and what are next steps ? do i need now to Assigned Games & Applications or?

when i go to Assigned Games & Applications and then to

Assign a game or application to a local network device

i have already 2 small windows in the first one is already mario.ddns.net and on other i can choose between pc,local host (which have open ports for cameras)and 'User-defined

explanation of 'User-defined is Choose 'User-defined' in the device list and enter its IP address if the device you are looking for does not appear in the device list.

ps.when i go to google and enter mario.ddns:8080 i get login screen and enter where the cameras are but can not see stram it said that i need some quicktime player plugin

Hi - not sure- don't think you need to do anything else other than enter your no-ip info that you registered with them into your dvr.

The dvr should inform no-ip of any router ip address change so if the router ip changes no-ip should be updated and still allow you to connect remotely using your machines name that you have registered.

You can check your ip address by googling- whatismyip- take a note of it, then check again a few days /weeks later to see if it changes -then you can check if you can see your dvr using your no-ip name - if you can then everything is working good.

big thx jazzar ...i did put in dvr ,

at domain name i put mario.ddns.net

username mario

and pasword that i use to register on noip.com

i have som small program that i dl from noip and its on desktop and from there i have my curent ip ...i do see stream on mobile app vmeye but each day i have to put new external ip 78.xxxxxxxxxx hope this will resolve issue bcose my cameras are 30 kilometers from me

the no ip program that is on your laptop will communicate to the no ip provider and keep it updated with your current ip address- as long as this program is running it will continually up your ip info to their records.

big thx jazzar...so then i will need manually change new ip address in my mobile app every day, i was thinking it will somehow automatically change things so i dont need to change it by myself

big thx jazzar...so then i will need manually change new ip address in my mobile app every day, i was thinking it will somehow automatically change things so i dont need to change it by myself

Use your ddns address 'mario.ddns.net' in your mobile app instead of your IP address '78.xxxxxxx'. Thats the main point of having a ddns address is so you don't have to keep track of changing IP address

big thx gb5102..il try that.....and just now i could see cam online in ie(after installing some activ x) on firefox couldn't see

i type in google mario.ddns.net:8080 instead of 78.xxxx..xxx and its working.....thank you thank you thank you !!!! " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

its working ok now when i log in with marioddns.net ....big big thx everyone....from 8 cameras i got 4 working maybe ****y cable

2 have color during the day and 2 are black and white ,all have enough sunlight? ive notice when i turn power on black and white camera for second and then reconnect i got 1click in camera and color picture and after 2 seconds 2 click in camera and goes in black and white mode with bad picture. what can be the problem? dvr is some chinese h.264 and cameras are micro digital model: lice24nhm lens 3.6mm sytem pal .bullet-700.