Newsunluxy

SUNLUXY. Changed VGA to BNC.. Disabled function. HELP

Hello My first post here I hope you can help.

I recieved My SUNLUXY 4 channel Standalone H.264 Realtime CCTV Video Surveillance Security network DVR Recorder System box today and setting it up was a doddle.. but I like to tinker.

I had it working hooked to a monitor but decided to see what it was like on an old crt portable so I changed the output method in the menu from VGA to BNC.(all proper connections in place) When it had finished doing what it was supossed to (although it didn't show a pic on the tv , only the monitor) I found that the menu, options and function have been.. disabled. I can't access anything from the box, no menu, no recorder functions and the only way to reset factory settings (that I can see) is from the menu.

TBH I wish I'd just left it alone, but I'm confident enough with tech (I build pc's) that messing with options has never caused me problems... Until now.

Unfortunately the manual is no help whatsoever.

Please, is there a way to get the menu back? To reset to factory settings without menu access?

Thank you.

Please follow instructions

==>Take out the internal battery of the DVR.

==>Make sure the power is unplugged from the unit

==>Then take the internal battery for a few minutes, then plugged back in

==>Power on the unit and the day and time will be reset to 1-1-2000.

==>Now use the admin account to logging and the password will be 000000

==>After you logging you can change the password of the admin username

==>then you must change the date and time.

All Set.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I had already tried that,.. first rule removing battery resets bios, right?

Unfortunately it would 'seem' as if the options actually writes to the bios because I left it out for about 3 mins, power cord out, but power button on (to use up the excess).. but it doesn't make any difference.

Any other ideas?

Hi to everyone!.

I'm a computer technician in New Lambton NSW. I want to share with you how to restore your system if you have changed settings from VGA to BNC with your SunLuxy CCTV, Zmodo or any similar devices and loosing Admin Access on your default VGA. As my wife did this.

Please follow the following steps and I assure you It will be Successful

1. Unplug everything from dvr.

2 You require a 4 port modem, internet connection is not required.

3. Plug in your LAN cable to the dvr.

4.Plug in the LAN cable from the modem to the pc. Turn all on.

5. Log in to your modem, usually 192.168.0.1 or eg. 192.168.1.1 ( please refer to your modem manuals on how to get internal webpage access)

6. Power up the DVR

7. On your pc, type in under RUN cmd and press enter and the DOS Box will display

8. On the Dos Box, type in, ipconfig and hit enter. This will display your ip address. This will also correlate with the modem's dhcp addresses.

Please Note your ip address.

9. With the known ip address of the modem's gateway which would have been displayed under the DOS ipconfig/all command.

10. Log in to your modem, look under main menu, you're looking for an area of attached Devices. Look for the ip address that is different from the ip address that you noted as your modem's ip and your local pc.

11. Once you established your DVR 's ip address, under attached Devices, eg., 192.168.1.3 , you will use this ip address ONLY in Internet Explorer. Why??? because activeX needs to be enabled and chrome and other browsers do not support activeX.

12. Open up Internet Explorer, go to tools , options, you need to add your dvr device's ip address to trusted sites, eg 192 168.x.x then apply - ok. 13 Next go to internet explorers address bar and type in your dvrs ip eg http://192.168.x.x .....x being your systems ip.

14 You should now be able to log into the device with just Admin or admin, and pass word blank. Zmodo would be admin 111111 or to what you may of changed the default password to previously. This must be done in IE, as its supports active X. If you get a messege down load active X! Yes its the tools needed to run scripts to log into dvr. If you cant get to that point you will need to adjust your active x under ie;s advanced settings to enable active X. Ok once your into the device look for settings , advanced then factory reset. Restart unit. You should be able now to see all your information and settings again with the mouse and vga lcd monitor plugged in. Cheers.