Lock-Up

Setting up dual display on multiple monitors

We setup a 960H DVR system - 16Ch with two monitors in separate rooms. The main DVR monitor is connected using a VGA cable to the DVR. The 2nd monitor located in the kitchen is connected to the DVR using a 1 Channel passive balum video transceiver Sku # AP-VBS-22C. We need both monitors display the same exact screen and we can't seem to be able to do that. So we want to use a dual VGA splitter but I'm not sure how to connect the Balum to the VGA. Can you provide anyone provide some information on how we can set that up? Thanks.

267108_1.gif

267108_1.jpg

267108_2.jpg

So we want to use a dual VGA splitter but I'm not sure how to connect the Balum to the VGA.

You can't. You need either a "VGA to video" adapter, and then use the balun; or change the baluns for a "VGA over UTP" extender. This last one would provide you with a way better image quality, but you need to make sure that the monitor in the kitchen also has VGA input.

267108_2.jpg

The image quality with this cable might be bad. You might need to end up buying a "VGA splitter" that connects to power.

So we want to use a dual VGA splitter but I'm not sure how to connect the Balum to the VGA.

You can't. You need either a "VGA to video" adapter, and then use the balun; or change the baluns for a "VGA over UTP" extender. This last one would provide you with a way better image quality, but you need to make sure that the monitor in the kitchen also has VGA input.

267108_2.jpg

The image quality with this cable might be bad. You might need to end up buying a "VGA splitter" that connects to power.

Thank you for the info.