8ball

DIY Home CCTV Install help

Hello,

I have just ordered this CCTV system following an act of vandalism on my car HOMEGUARDHG8DIY1TB Four-Camera Eight-Channel CCTV Camera Kit - 1 TB.

What I would like to do is install the 4 cameras outside my property and have them displaying on 2 screens one upstairs and one downstairs(these will be tv's)

I think I am going to run the Coax feed from the cameras through the bedroom wall as I think it will be a little difficult going through the loft unless you guys think this is the wrong way to go about this? These will then be fed into the DVR which to my understanding has these outputs:

CVBS output: 1 channel

VGA: 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 1024, 1366 x 768, 1280 x 720, 1024 x 768, resolution optional

Audio output: 1 channel, RCA port

Would I then feed one of these into an RF Modulator then have an aerial splitter going off the modulator then have two aerial cables going to the two tv screens? I will also have a Cat 5 cable going from the DVR upstairs via the external wall downstairs to the router so I can remotely view.

Would this set up provide a dedicated channel on both tv's for the CCTV and digital TV feed still assuming I had fed the aerial cable from the aerial into the RF Modulator?

Any ideas on how to neatly attach cables to the walls outside as I will be running cctv coax feed, aerial cable and cat 5?

Lengthy I know but I have never done anything like this before and need all the help I can get!?

Thanks in advance

John

Sounds OK. As the distance between TVs and DVR seems not that large, you can simply split CVBS output signal using a simple signal multiplexer: one CVBS input and two CVBS output going into TVs. You can do the same to audio output signal.

These are junk analog cameras with poor image quality...consider going with an HD IP system..its easier to install and will give you MUCH better image quality...

You are better off with a single 2MP hd camera than those cams if you want to capture someone messing with your car...dont waste your time with this..

check out the megapixel sectiom

Thanks for your answers, I have already ordered the system so I will check out the quality before installing. Will the image quality really be that bad?

Thanks for your answers, I have already ordered the system so I will check out the quality before installing. Will the image quality really be that bad?

yes it will..dont waste your time...look for an ip system that is at minimum 720p, 1080p is better..an ip system with POE will allow you to run a single ethernet cable to both power and transmit data from the camera.

A mate who installs cctv for a living said cat5 cameras were worse quality. I have ordered it so will test it out and if it's no good it's going back. Do you know of a better alternative sub £200?

A mate who installs cctv for a living said cat5 cameras were worse quality. I have ordered it so will test it out and if it's no good it's going back. Do you know of a better alternative sub £200?

Your mate has no idea what he is talking about (i would not trust him for further advice).....If you are on a super budget and MUST have 4 cameras look at dahua CVI technology, it runs over coax but is hd 720p or 1080p....if your primary concern is watching your car, and your budget is limited, then my recommendation is a single camera with sd card slot and record to the card...look at the hikvision 2132F-IS...it must be designated F- for it to have sd card and 3 axis rotation

http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_show.asp?id=9893 or the hikvision 2732f varifocal...

OR something like this http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014101311390770075.pdf

Look, when you get your system, you will see what im talking about...you will want to return it asap

This kit is 900p though, where as those ones you mention are 720 / 1080?

I will take your advice though and not go to my friend for information, you must know him.