8ball

CCTV install help with rf modulator

Hi,

I am installing a cctv system and I am planning on running it to my 2 TVs via an rf modulator.

The aerial comes into the loft and feeds into the rf modulator. The dvr is in the loft and the video out goes to the rf modulator which then has an aerial out which runs to a TV downstairs. I haven't fitted the splitter yet as I am trying to get the first TV working. I cannot seem to get the cctv feed on to the TV. Do you know where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Hi,

I am installing a cctv system and I am planning on running it to my 2 TVs via an rf modulator.

The aerial comes into the loft and feeds into the rf modulator. The dvr is in the loft and the video out goes to the rf modulator which then has an aerial out which runs to a TV downstairs. I haven't fitted the splitter yet as I am trying to get the first TV working. I cannot seem to get the cctv feed on to the TV. Do you know where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Have you retuned the TV? Remember you will be looking for an analogue signal. Alternatively if your DVR has VGA out get Y Cable and some VGA over cat 5 adaptors.

First go into your TV tuning menu and check the CH number for existing Digital Channels in your area, next select a different channel away from those and remember to check if you have a skybox which channel its on

Connect DVR to the Modulator

Retune TV selecting Analogue and digital

I have seen new TVs showing the modulator analogue channel on 901 or 925 so check high if your TV dosent have a DVT / Analogue source selector

I have tried retuning the TV but when I go through all the channels there is no feed for the cctv. It isn't really practical to use a composite video feed so just want to use the coaxial via the rf modulator to make this work.

The person I bought the rf modulator from advised pressing and holding the two buttons together to change the frequency. I tried retuning and it still isn't working?

I have tried retuning the TV but when I go through all the channels there is no feed for the cctv. It isn't really practical to use a composite video feed so just want to use the coaxial via the rf modulator to make this work.

The person I bought the rf modulator from advised pressing and holding the two buttons together to change the frequency. I tried retuning and it still isn't working?

Are your NSTC/Pal settings right?

It's currently set to PAL when I change it to NTSC there is no feed being displayed on the screen.

I currently have a monitor in the loft for set up purposes.

So antenna comes into attic and you have the connected the modulator inline before it goes into your TV Dist amp?

Did you check the channels as I mentioned above on the existing TV tuning?

Auto Tune and watch the TV it will go along frequencies and stop with a Channel then you will notice the digital stations increasing, its a matter of changing the channel on the modulator to a different channel away from the DTV ones, when you watch the tune in it will say for example 48 Digital TV 180 Radio then 1 analogue ?