GromCameraInc

Using passive baluns trouble passing signal long distance

so my uncles machine shop has a passive balun and PoE setup, It quit working two years ago....

and they were running the cameras on an unknown computer program on a 10 year old desktop that has a 'fried' processor..... I now have a 16 channel lorex dvr I have installed. However when I attached the bnc balun connectors to the back I did not get picture off of any cameras.... all 12 cameras were run off of three power supplys (3 twisted pairs wirenutted into a into each of the three 12v 4160mA power supplies) i bought new power supplys that had 'splitters' so that PoE could be used along side the baluns and hopefully voltage would be regulated through this product...at this point nothing is working so i have taken a camera down from inside the shop, attached the PoE Male and Female plug and a balun to either side of a small piece of cat6 and plugged it directly into the lorex dvr bnc connector...and bingo i have picture...... i am very confused and frustrated because i cant get any of the cameras to work at a distance of over 60 feet of cat6...and i do not think it is a PoE issue because i plugged one of the cameras in to the nearest outlet at cameras desired location and the baluns still would not pass signal to said camera which was only 3 offices away....any and all help would be appreciated... i apologize if this question has been asked before, but as you can tell, im not sure even what the right question...

So you have proved the DVR & camera ok which now points to the cable /connectors. Since it worked before then the cable is capable of doing the job. So now we are left with damaged cable / connectors. If it is using RJ45 crimp connectors that would be my first guess.