rubsmong

Dahua NVR4416-16P Audio Recording

Hallo every-one. First post on the forum and i want to say thanks in advance.

I have this set-up in an Assembly hall. I am using two Dahua SD40212S-HN PTZ Cameras and one Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW2300R-ZVF Dome camera to record assembly hall sessions on a Dahua NVR4416-16P NVR with 12TB of storage. The cameras are connected directly to the NVR switch. The NVR HDMI out then sends the signal to an ABtUS MAX-HDMI816A-G 8x8 switcher which distributes it to multiple screens in the hall.

Wanted to know if its possible to also capture audio of the sessions since it is paramount for reference - the NVR has a Mic In/Out ports and from the PTZ Cameras datasheet it says Audio Interface 1/1 channel In/Out although i was never able to physically identify this said interface.

Also wanted to know if there is any possible way to have scroll down messages input running below the screen as in broadcast news or to be able to input peoples names to display as they speak.

Thankyou

My technical scenario: -

Unable to attach picture - its on my local drive.

You can capture audio of the sessions by connecting an audio to the PTZ. Keep in mind that the encoding happens on the camera end, not the NVR. Connecting audio to the NVR won't help, you need to feed the audio input on the PTZ camera that you want to have the audio toguether with the video.

Thank-you sir. I have physically inspected the PTZ cameras and they dont have audio in cables. All they have is Alarm wires and Power and the LAN - RJ45 port. No Audio In

Thank-you sir. I have physically inspected the PTZ cameras and they dont have audio in cables. All they have is Alarm wires and Power and the LAN - RJ45 port. No Audio In

Hallo every-one. First post on the forum and i want to say thanks in advance.

I have this set-up in an Assembly hall. I am using two Dahua SD40212S-HN PTZ Cameras and one Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW2300R-ZVF Dome camera to record assembly hall sessions on a Dahua NVR4416-16P NVR with 12TB of storage. The cameras are connected directly to the NVR switch. The NVR HDMI out then sends the signal to an ABtUS MAX-HDMI816A-G 8x8 switcher which distributes it to multiple screens in the hall.

Wanted to know if its possible to also capture audio of the sessions since it is paramount for reference - the NVR has a Mic In/Out ports and from the PTZ Cameras datasheet it says Audio Interface 1/1 channel In/Out although i was never able to physically identify this said interface.

Also wanted to know if there is any possible way to have scroll down messages input running below the screen as in broadcast news or to be able to input peoples names to display as they speak.

Thankyou

My technical scenario: -

Unable to attach picture - its on my local drive.

Hi for what your application is for I would not use mic built into a ptz .... Remember if your moving the ptz the sound from the motor will drowned out any sounds you wish to record

I would run a cat5 direct to a standalone mic and I would also run separate speakers ........ This will also take away problems you might have with playing sound.