Techno14

Cameras showing black and White after installation.

Hi Everyone,

Please I wonder if someone can help me out.

We have installed 5 cameras onsite using Coaxial cable (RJ59) without the power about 320 meters long. 2 of the cameras are showing coloured but shaken lines and the other 3 showing black and white even during the day.

What we plan to do going forward:

1. Re terminate the connectors again using Crimp On BNC as the initial one was the normal BNC connectors

2. Try a video Booster to amplify the video signal.

Please can anyone suggest additional troubleshoot guidelines for me.

Your advance co-operation in dealing with this matter is highly appreciated.

Kind regards.

M

Scope the video and see what the peak video level is at the DVR end. It may just be attenuated too much due to the length of the cable. Was the cable all copper or clad?

HI

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Please what do you mean by Scope the Video and peak level?

We also used Coaxial Cable RG59 throughout. Tomorrow we will re-terminate with Crimp On BNC connectors and check the result.

Has anyone use a Video Booster before to boost the signal ? Please advise.

Thanks

Scope the video and see what the peak video level is at the DVR end. It may just be attenuated too much due to the length of the cable. Was the cable all copper or clad?

Use an oscilloscope and monitor the video at the DVR. And back to the quality of cable that you used. Is it solid copper or copper clad?

Sometimes on these installations it would good to get pictures on what equipment is being used. Not just so it is easier to help, but also for the lols.

5 cameras, and they are away 320 meters from the DVR/monitor? Really? And now you are going to use crimp connectors, the ones you have already tried are "normal" connectors. Makes me wonder what you consider normal. Analog video?

You need to provide more information on how you have done the installation, but I would guess that a "video booster" is not the solution to your problem.

Hi

Thanks all for the support.

The installation was as follows:=

Coaxial Cable in a ducts (HDPE) about approximately 320 meters.

32 Channel DVR H.264, 5 Cameras Sony 1"3 CMOS,

But we are getting black and white on screen and shaken lines.

Currently Stuck at the moment.

If you ran it in "ducts", was it a Plenum use cable? Back to my original question - Solid copper or copper clad cable? If it is a signal level issue and you choose to use a signal amplifier, place it at the head end and not at the DVR.

Thanks again for the reply.

The detail of the coaxial cable is copper conductor single pair for video cable.

The coax cable without power was then run in a ducts (320m) and we source power from a nearby power socket to power up the 5 cameras. But still getting black and white and some coloured and shaken lines.

Currently stuck of ideas. I think my last bet is the CCTV Amplifiers, which I am now looking to source.

I hope the above info helps.

Thanks in advance.

650878951_cam1IMG-20160208-WA0009.thumb.jpg.7afd83509f0d54d2e9d3dd7760c3bb21.jpg

Rg-59 with solid copper core and copper shielding should work if the distance is correct. I would look at your power supply and would take all the cameras off and put them back on one at a time that may tell you if one bad camera is causing the problem. use a properly rated power supply with a little extra capacity as cameras may draw more power due to cable length, heating etc.

Thanks for your swift response.

Ok I will try the above and advise. Do you also think CCTV Video Amplifier would make any difference?