Sign in to follow this  
Javik

Universal corner mount for commercial buildings?

I am currently looking at buying some outdoor fisheye camers from a company that oddly does not have a corner mount bracket, even though the camera is outdoor IP66 rated.

Is there such a thing as a universal corner mount bracket to hang out from the corner of a building, for a "ceiling mount" camera to hang from?

It could have a bowl shaped rain cap, over the camera junction box.

I suppose something could be welded together from steel rods and plates, or even just use pressure-treated wood posts, but I'm not very handy.

Hi. There are a few corner mounts and most suppliers will have a few types ... Even I PTZ corner plate will do with a universal dome bracket

But using a fisheye corner mounted is going to give you problems unless your looking at also extending the arm out from the wall.

I know the geovision can't cope at night .... A good percentage of the image at night is a dark wall and hard to set to a descent light.

image.jpeg.340a15a069ba6b541af4d6bdedd771cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.3b853bf97f9de33b17ad8b78ee8a61a9.jpeg

Have you tried either disabling or covering the built-in IR illuminators with black tape, so they don't light up the wall and blind the camera?

This is the camera that I am researching, that has no building corner mount from the manufacturer. But it does have a panomorph fisheye lens, is listed as Immervision compatible, and is the lowest cost, highest resolution Immervision compatible fisheye that I can find so far.

I don't know how this forum feels about posting (gasp) actual product pricing..

CNB MPC1070PN 5 Megapixel Outdoor Panoramic Network Vandal Dome

https://www.surveillance-video.com/camera-mpc1070pn.html/

CNB company Tech Support says:

WDB101 metal wall bracket will not work with MPC1070PN.

We currently do not have the bracket for this product.

Have you tried either disabling or covering the built-in IR illuminators with black tape, so they don't light up the wall and blind the camera?

You don't get IR on fisheye GV or on CNB

But your looking at fisheye 360 .. You don't mount 360 by a wall it will make the 360 pointless and a waste of a camera

Is this just a one camera install ? Or to work with other cameras.

Also look at fixed 360 PTZ camera .... Not fisheye