Sign in to follow this  
harley3348

New install/ connection

Hello!

I have all my cameras installed and placed my DVR in a good location. Everything is connected except the DVR to the TV. I have looked at all youtube videos and even visited BestBuy. I can find anyone who can tell me the correct way to make this connection.

My DVR is a Swann model SW242-SR4. My TV is a Visio.

Can anyone please assist.

Thank you

Depending what outputs your DVR provide you simply connect via HDMI , VGA or the composite connectors. You then need to switch the TV "source" to whatever you are using

If your dvr isn't near the tv that you want to connect it , what you'll need is to see if your dvr has a video output port usually a BNC connector , then you need a bnc to Rca cable , then you'll be able to connect your dvr to a rf modulator and then send the cctv via coax to the room you want ,

So if the room is 40 metres away, what do you propose as coax should be a better solution for this type of run as vga nor HDMI would run this far , I know exactly what I'm talking about, the OP hasn't stated how far away the tv's are so don't presume they are next to the recorder

It doesn't really matter as long as it is not more than 300 meters or so. We are talking about baseband video here

(the same as comes out of the camera) nominal level of 1V, transmission distance 300m on RG50 coax.You only need to modulate it if you want to move the signal to the RF band thence to a VDA and then demodulated at the TV. This was easy to do in the old analogue TV days but now in the digital TV eara it is not usually viable because of the cost of digital modulators. If the DVR is only equiped with HDMI & VGA outputs then you might have a problem if the feed is to go some distance. But why would you separate the DVR and monitor. It would make searching for footage near impossible unless you have multiple monitors but then that is an entirely different situation.