frigus

Squared exported "full hd" videos (1:1 instead of 16:9)

Hello,

I'm new to the whole CCTV world. Recently, I've installed my first "system". I have the following:

• Full AHD 1080P NVR/DVR
  • Full AHD 1080P camera
  • 16:9 monitor

When I watch the video on the monitor (CCTV software - connected to the NVR), it shows it 16:9, but I can see that the timestamp is stretched (the font is wide).

When I export the video, and watch the AVI or H.264 file on my PC, the video is squared (1:1). The timestamp appears well - not stretched, but the video is squeezed.

What am I doing wrong? Or maybe I got bad equipment?

I also don't feel that it's full hd, the quality of the video. Unless this is the standard of average CCTV cameras nowadays.

I'd really appreciate your help!

Thank you.

typically a 1080 picture is 2MP, which has a 4:3 ratio. So more squarish than widescreen. The video shouldnt looked squeezed though, it should appear natural. There might be options in the system to say how it should appear in your screen and how it will appear when exported.

typically a 1080 picture is 2MP, which has a 4:3 ratio. So more squarish than widescreen. The video shouldnt looked squeezed though, it should appear natural. There might be options in the system to say how it should appear in your screen and how it will appear when exported.

"typically a 1080 picture is 2MP, which has a 4:3 ratio"

Are u sure it is not 16:9?