Allodo

Dahua VTO2000A, SIP Firmware and Asterisk

Hello Riogrande,

I will try this version of the firmware to see if the problems are corrected.

thank you very much, a greeting.

Hi there,

I have just received my vto2000a. It came with 2018-06-20 V3.120.1026000.0.R installed, but I would like to move to SIP one. I have downloaded latest sip firmware (General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0012000.0.R.20180627.zip) but I am unable to flash it using configtool 3.2 (4.09 does not even detect the device).

Is my update procedure wrong?? I have added .bin extension to the file (as configtool filters file picker to only .bin files), opened upgrade tab, selected the file and tried to upgrade. After a few seconds it pops up "failed to upgrade" message. Once it managed to get to 50% or so..

One more thing - is the latest firmware fully capable of supporting rfid reader?

Thanks,

demci

Hello, is there a solution for the fact that I can't login the VTO2000 using config tool at port 3800 ?

I have upgraded to the latest verion of the FW, and need to downgrade now but port 3800 doesn't seem to work to log in ?!?

thanks !!

Hello,

I just updated my VTO2000A to SIP firmware V3.300.0012000.0.R.20180627, and it turns out that I changed the default password that was "Admin", now I can not enter.

Please help.

Hi RioGrande,

I have managed to update the firmware of my VTO to the SIP version: "V3.300.0012000.0.R.20180627", I have observed several improvements, one of the main ones is that my problem with the 3CX System connection has disappeared. However I need to update the firmware with the messages in Spanish and customized, I have used the method proposed by Foxi352 in this same thread, however once I have the .bin created, I can not connect the VTO with port 3800 to update the firmware.

Before upgrading to version "V3.300.0012000.0.R.20180627", it was possible to connect to port 3800, but after of the update it is no longer possible.

regards

Yes, there was a change in the upgrade process. But I do always upgrade via TFTP method, so don't ask me about it.

Nevertheless, you will not secceed in installing a customized firware anymore. Since beginning of 2018 all FW files are signed, that means it is impossible to change it - only the manufacturere (dahua) can do this.

So you got either install a older, even customized firmware via tftp or you got to live with that until dahua releases a firmware where you can replace the sounds officially via the web interface.

Good luck,

Rio

there is some way to eliminate the audio messages from the VTO?, or to impersonate them by the messages that come in the 3CX system?

On the VTO there is indeed an option so that it doesn't "talk" anymore to the person who rings.

Check in the interface ...

will it not be "VTO Beep Volume" to 0? In that case, the messages are not heard, but neither is the conversation of who is answering the call. This would not help me.

In that tab there are only 2 options:

Auto Snapshot (on / off and default = off)

Leave Message Upload (on / off and default = off)

I've changed them to on and it does not change anything

Yes, there was a change in the upgrade process. But I do always upgrade via TFTP method, so don't ask me about it.

Nevertheless, you will not secceed in installing a customized firware anymore. Since beginning of 2018 all FW files are signed, that means it is impossible to change it - only the manufacturere (dahua) can do this.

So you got either install a older, even customized firmware via tftp or you got to live with that until dahua releases a firmware where you can replace the sounds officially via the web interface.

Good luck,

Rio

Aagh! This is big news. Where did you find that info? I've been through this whole thread and just on the point where I am trying to modify the firmware to change the less-than-desirable "Calling Now" sound, only to discover that it will be impossible!

Do you know what's the most recent SIP firmware that I can use that will allow this customisation, and where I can obtain it? Also, what features might I lose from the latest firmware by downgrading to this older version?

Hello,

I have seen out there, on the web, that there is a new SIP version of the VTO2000A, the 4.0, which allows you to modify audio messages with whatever you want. This is so?

regards

Yes, indeed there is a V4 SIP firmware out there: https://support.vidimost.com/comment.php?dlid=497

It includes the new webinterface 2.0, some minor changes. But it still lacks the feature to install your own sound files. I hope they are still working on this, users all over the world want that.

Can the update of version 4.0 on the 3.0 be made through TFTP? or do we have to do it in another way?

Thanks riogrande. I have seen that at least the sound messages can be deactivated.

Is that by using the new version 4.000 firmware? How do you update to that? When I try to load it using config tool, I just get the message "Failed to start upgrading".

Use VDPconfig from toolbox to upgrade.

Do I have to use this instead of configtool for it to work? If so, it's asking me to choose "Main Program" or "MCU Program", which is it?