View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: how to connect panasonic cctv
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:16 am 

hey guys,

I'm a little bit confused here. I came across a panasonic WV-CP160E and a WV-PS15 camera drive unit which were still lying around somewhere here in the building. I tried to get these things working but i really couldn't.How do i connect this? I connect the CAMERA IN from the wv-ps15 to the monitor out from the camera with a BNC cable. The thing is the camera doesn't get any power. If i understand correctly the power should come from the drive unit through the cable, am I right? And do i need a special BNC cable forthis or something? I'm doing something wrong here or the camera is broken? Or am i not seeing something here?

I checked google for BNC cables with power, i saw them but they had seperate connectors for power, so if i get such a cable, i dont know where to connect this seperate connectors for power.

Another question that is bothering me is that i really dont know what the black thing on the back is. It looks like some kind of connection for an adapter or something, but in the manual it says: video output...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm 

I havent used this type but have seen them when doing system upgrades.

I'm pretty sure the power goes through the coax to the camera from the WVPS15 then there is a usable video out on the power box.
Here are the links to the manuals:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/WVCP160.PDF

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/WVPS15.PDF

I hope this helps.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]