bornnslippy

WEBRO BSKYB TWIN SATELLITE CABLE For CCTV Cameras

Because its aluminum shielding.

It may work and for short distances, but it stands the chance of image distortion.

Have I used similar cable before? Sure, RG6 CatTV Cable, on my first jobs, some cameras have been perfect, short distances, others have had strange ghosting on occasion. Even here at my own appt I used it once as thats all I had at the time, but switched it out for the right cable once I had the cash.

"Although coaxial cable with aluminum shielding provides 100% shielding, it should only be used for RF cable television (cattv) and master television (mattv) signals used for home video cable reception. This aluminum-shield type should never be used for CCTV for two reasons: (1) it has higher resistance, and (2) it distorts horizontal synchronization pulses.

The added resistance-approximately seven times more than that of a 95% copper or copper-clad shield-increases the video cable loop resistance, causing a reduction in the video signal transmitted along the cable. The higher loop resistance means a smaller video signal reaches the monitoring site, producing less contrast and an inferior picture. Always use a good-grade 95% copper braid RG59/U cable to transmit the video signal up to 1000 feet and and RG11/U to transmit up to 2000 feet. Distortion of the horizontal synchronization pulse causes picture tearing on the monitor, depicting straight-edged objects with ragged edges."

http://books.google.com/books?id=DaQY8CrmqFcC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Will work but can cause problems as already stated.

I left 300m RG59 on a clients new build with the Electrical contractor to install as per the Plans, his guys decided to steal it and used the twin mini Sky cable you have, out of 12 cameras 9 were 100% the other 3 were ghosting and interferance intermitantly, lucky for the client they were all accessable so we replaced them.

Other issue was termination as the mini stuff needed BNC with mini collar which i eventually got from ConnectorCo

buy a roll of RG59 or Cat5 and save yourself headache

Will work but can cause problems as already stated.

I left 300m RG59 on a clients new build with the Electrical contractor to install as per the Plans, his guys decided to steal it and used the twin mini Sky cable you have, out of 12 cameras 9 were 100% the other 3 were ghosting and interferance intermitantly, lucky for the client they were all accessable so we replaced them.

Other issue was termination as the mini stuff needed BNC with mini collar which i eventually got from ConnectorCo

buy a roll of RG59 or Cat5 and save yourself headache

I support you Neutech.

I'm running the RG59 around 300m too

I'm running the RG59 around 300m too

is this for cameras 300m 1000ft ??

Yes, 3 cameras with 300m/1000ft...lolzz

Because its aluminum shielding.

It may work and for short distances, but it stands the chance of image distortion.

Have I used similar cable before? Sure, RG6 CatTV Cable, on my first jobs, some cameras have been perfect, short distances, others have had strange ghosting on occasion. Even here at my own appt I used it once as thats all I had at the time, but switched it out for the right cable once I had the cash.

"Although coaxial cable with aluminum shielding provides 100% shielding, it should only be used for RF cable television (cattv) and master television (mattv) signals used for home video cable reception. This aluminum-shield type should never be used for CCTV for two reasons: (1) it has higher resistance, and (2) it distorts horizontal synchronization pulses.

The added resistance-approximately seven times more than that of a 95% copper or copper-clad shield-increases the video cable loop resistance, causing a reduction in the video signal transmitted along the cable. The higher loop resistance means a smaller video signal reaches the monitoring site, producing less contrast and an inferior picture. Always use a good-grade 95% copper braid RG59/U cable to transmit the video signal up to 1000 feet and and RG11/U to transmit up to 2000 feet. Distortion of the horizontal synchronization pulse causes picture tearing on the monitor, depicting straight-edged objects with ragged edges."

http://books.google.com/books?id=DaQY8CrmqFcC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

I would suggest that 300m is too far for RG59.

Based on the maximum allowable loss being 6dB at 5MHz, good quality RG59 tops out at around 250m assuming no joints and sufficient bend radius on the install path.

Of course you would still get a picture at 300m, but you will exprience HF loss (picture detail) unless some form of line correction is used.

Ilkie

The qvis shotgun cable has got some shielding in the centre

And this is made for cctv

Is there a difference with the qvis cable

Cheers

Is it 75 or 50 ohm termination? I have used the same cable over more than 100m on a 32 camera system, in combination with fibre optic run of 4km. Never a moments trouble.

for CCTV you have to use RG59 or RG6 thats 100% copper and with copper shielding.

if it has aluminium it might work long distance and there might be interference.

even when using cat5e it has to be 100% copper.

don't use the cheap cable man you can get a box of RG59 Siamese (with power) 500ft for only $55.

Cable matters man.